The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Potential Buy, Thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/potential-buy-thoughts-266873/)

Aesthetic 08-30-2013 12:05 AM

Potential Buy, Thoughts?

Here he is, the owner doesn't say much. I won't buy without a ride and what not. How does he look to you guys?

quarter horse for sale

Aesthetic 08-30-2013 12:19 AM

Or this guy right here. He's the one i'm REALLY looking forward to hearing back from.
Horse for sale 8yr old dash for cash updated

EponaLynn 08-30-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesthetic (Post 3500073)
Here he is, the owner doesn't say much. I won't buy without a ride and what not. How does he look to you guys?

quarter horse for sale

He looks a bit like a stallion to me, and his thick neck adds to my thought - plus who ties a horses head to the roof (at least that's what it looks like in the second picture).

He could be a great horse but you'd have to check him out.

Aesthetic 08-30-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EponaLynn (Post 3500233)
He looks like a stallion to me, and his thick neck adds to my thought - plus who ties a horses head to the roof (at least that's what it looks like).

He could be a great horse but I'd question what I mentioned above.

It's definitely a little weird, I always check for their nads when I go see them in person! Though the lack of information on him makes me want to be extra cautious.

EponaLynn 08-30-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesthetic (Post 3500161)
Or this guy right here. He's the one i'm REALLY looking forward to hearing back from.
Horse for sale 8yr old dash for cash updated

His back looks a little long to me.

EdmontonHorseGal 08-30-2013 01:09 AM

if i had to choose between the two i would go for the paint. he looks much nicer than the sorrel.

smrobs 08-30-2013 01:09 AM

The first one looks like a stud to me too...and I doubt he's a registered QH with that coloring. He appears to be calf kneed and his shoulder is a bit upright. He's pretty straight through his hind end too.

The second does appear to be pretty long through his back, but that could just be the angle of the pictures. The thing that raises red flags to me about that one is that "he's got a lot of power" and the fact that the owner claims to be training him for barrels. That, to me, hints that he might be pretty hot blooded/chargey.

DraftyAiresMum 08-30-2013 01:13 AM

No way that sorrel is 16.3hh, even if the guy riding him is 6'3". I'd believe 15.2-15.3hh, but definitely not 16.3hh. That right there kind of makes me wary of the seller. I don't know...just a red flag for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

KigerQueen 08-30-2013 02:34 AM

First horse looks like he may be owned by a charro. They have a thing about tying horse's heads up like that. He looks like he would be a good horse, he may be hot if he is a charro horse but that would mostly be feed related.

The second horse is LONG! Like bus long.

Aesthetic 08-30-2013 07:25 AM

I'm looking for a hot horse, I'm a rider who likes a challenge and plus I'm working for barrel horses.