The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone quit smoking? Or want to? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/anyone-quit-smoking-want-26698/)

Shawneen 04-24-2009 05:08 PM

Anyone quit smoking? Or want to?

Hey folks,
I was just curious if anyone here has quit smoking. I have been smoking since '05, a bad habit I picked up while being deployed. For me it isn't the nicotine, it is a boredom thing. I have tried cold turkey - I get really b****y! I have tried the gum - GROSS! I tried chewing the pouches again, thinking it was just the nicotine and I could step down from there (hubby chews sometimes). I have the want but maybe I just don't have the will to do it right now. It really is a pointless habit and very stupid in my eyes. My G-ma died 3 years ago from problems resulting from smoking and I remember when I was young I used to rag her about it... now look at me *sigh*
Soooooooo anyone have any suggestions?

If anyone else wants to quit maybe we could have like a support thread.

close2prfct 04-24-2009 05:29 PM

Great post! I'm also a smoker who really wishes I could quit. I have tried cold turkey as well..not a pretty sight! It's also more of a boredom thing with me to as long as I am busy I don't think about it but when I sit for over 5 minutes I'm lighting one up, ridiculous!
I've tried patches that didn't work, and honestly I let more burn up than I actually smoke(it's the idea of it being there I guess).
I have asthma and bad bad allergies so I really do need to quit, not to mention they are insanely high!

Shawneen 04-24-2009 05:37 PM

I think we need an incentive... trying to think of a good idea.

I don't smoke much either. I am alright if I am busy also. I smoke maybe half a pack a day total. My problem is working where I do, I am on night shift with my husband and nothing much goes on. All we do for 12 hours is sit here and surf the net. When I get bored, stressed, or just PO'd I have to light one up.

close2prfct 04-24-2009 05:39 PM

My biggest problem is at home, at work I might smoke 3 but after I'm off work, chores are done and I'm down for the evening I smoke and smoke and smoke...most of the time I don't even want one but I light up anyway ughhh