The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   H/J Barn in St Paul, MN Area (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/h-j-barn-st-paul-mn-267682/)

Ellesyeff 08-31-2013 02:45 PM

H/J Barn in St Paul, MN Area

Hi! I just recently moved to Hudson, WI from Green Bay and am looking for a hunter/jumper barn in the area. The Google machine hasn't been much help for me...can anyone in the area make any suggestions? I don't currently have a horse, so I'm looking for a reputable h/j trainer to take lessons from, and a horse to lease...I plan on starting to shop for another horse soon so it would be convenient to also be able to board at whatever facility the trainer is at. That said, it would be great to find a place with good footing, knowledgable management and reasonable prices...if possible!

St Croix Training Center is literally 4 minutes up the road from me but it appears they focus mainly on Arabians. The other ones nearby I have driven past didn't impress me. Square Lake is on the top of my list but I'm not sure the lesson prices will be exactly reasonable and it's a good 25 mins away. I would be willing to drive up to 30 mins though for a great trainer/barn...so a reputable trainer involved in showing would be fabulous. I've found a lot of QH and Arabian and pleasure barns in the area, but less H/J..thank you for any suggestions!
Posted via Mobile Device

Little Mare 08-31-2013 02:57 PM

I will send you a personal message.

Ellesyeff 09-01-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Mare (Post 3511626)
I will send you a personal message.

I don't have enough posts to reply to your PM :)

First of all, I had no idea MN had a Dover store....yay!!! I can see myself spending entirely too much time and money in there :)

Also, thanks a ton for that list. I saw some new names on there I have not heard of. I can tell this search won't be easy but that helps me a bunch. Thanks again!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Little Mare 09-01-2013 07:27 PM

No problem! Please, come visit me at the store LOL! Head down 101 and we're right in medina.
Posted via Mobile Device