The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Burning??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/burning-2685/)

horse_luver4e 07-25-2007 10:06 PM

Burning???

OMG! I just read somthing in a magazine about 'burning horses' It's the method of 'training' they do with Tennessee Walkers! How awful! Why would you want to cause your horse so much pain just to win a ribbon? You would have to be a monster!

crackrider 07-25-2007 11:30 PM

Wow! I can't believe anyone would do something like that either!!! :( :evil:
What did the article say about how they used burning to get horses to perform??

kristy 07-25-2007 11:36 PM

Look here under Horse Cruelty and you will see a video on it under a thread.

horse_luver4e 07-26-2007 04:13 PM

under what thread?

GallopAway 07-26-2007 09:51 PM

Burning?

I'm guessing that's like soring?

horse_luver4e 07-26-2007 10:05 PM

Yeah it's another word for soring.

GallopAway 07-26-2007 10:16 PM

Thought so.

Yeah. It's a grusome thing and it's sad that people put winning above their horses health. I'm not even really a big fan of the heavy shoes and chains. I prefer a naturally animated gaited over one that's not. But, that's me.

Unfortunately, abuse and neglect are just part of the horse industry, no matter what you compete in. Abuse and cruelty are really just part of this world we live in I guess. :?

horse_luver4e 07-27-2007 11:23 AM

I know it's very sad and I think people should train tennessee walkers the way you should and not be impatiant. The good way to train the horse has no pain what so ever.

Maleficent 07-27-2007 06:46 PM

It's disgusting. I have also heard that they place a spring with a ball bearing which hits a nerve in the foot, and also purposely hotnail.

I don't understand why people would lower themselves just for a ribbon. You don't make any money in that sort of event, so the only objective is status and pride. How could you be proud of that??

Jr_lover 07-31-2007 07:26 PM

Wow so i don't get it what exactly do they do? I'm confused.

I know its wrong and everything but all those people aren't always bad well every person that owns a tennessee walker that can do some sort of high stepping thing does not exactly do these things to their horse to make them do that you know.