The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Gaming Show on GoPro (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/gaming-show-gopro-269121/)

Hang on Fi 09-02-2013 05:14 PM

Gaming Show on GoPro

1 Attachment(s)
First and foremost this show was for pure fun. The GoPro really exaggerates my hands and make them look ridiculously noisy. They were more active than they would be on an English hack or show, but I also wasn't used to split reins. I can't remember the last time I gamed in split reins. My parents forced me to ride in gaming reins after successfully dropping several split reins on trails when I was younger :lol:

Secondly I apologize for my shouting/yelling/potentially annoying voice.

We still have not entirely figured out what caused Fi to bolt at the end of the relay race. We think the fact her inexperience with horses around her and taking off around her was a very large factor. Poor mare, I made a grab for her mane and ended up with the rein instead. Part of the reason I didn't bother staying on her. Funny how such a short time feels like an eternity when it happens. All I was doing was going more and more sideways.

At first I thought she was going to jump the fence! Her previous owner told me at 3 months old she jumped a 3-rail fence at a standstill. :shock:

The second was our barrel race, she's such a champ. The shows are for exposure moreso than anything else. Her bolt was a prime example why we want her exposed to all the "chaos" of fun shows.

The Relay Race:

The Barrel Race (if you want to call it that):

Hang on Fi 09-02-2013 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well darn, I thought I was on the video part of the forum when I posted this, I'm sorry :oops::oops:

barrelbeginner 09-02-2013 06:06 PM

Subbing. so I can watch tomorrow:)!

Jay Bee 09-05-2013 03:06 AM

These are fantastic! I was looking at GoPro's the other day and am seriously considering getting one after those action shots. Love your commentary in the first vid :)