The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Looking for regestered horses papers. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/looking-regestered-horses-papers-269586/)

Kanrie 09-03-2013 10:59 AM

Looking for regestered horses papers.

:D We had gotten a 3 year old palomino mare for three hundred dollars. But we weren't able to get her papers due to a house fire. Her name is Candy T Sassy Cutter. We are not sure of the breed only that she is three and a palomino. If anyone could help me solve this problem I would be very thankful. Would love to start showing her in a couple more years. :D

Speed Racer 09-03-2013 11:12 AM

You can show her without papers. Registration papers are only necessary if you want to qualify for breed shows.

Who had the papers originally? I'd think they'd know as what breed she was registered.

Falcor74 09-03-2013 11:21 AM

I was not able to find her on either the APHA website or All Breed Pedigree. Could the owners not get a duplicate certificate?

COWCHICK77 09-03-2013 11:27 AM

Sounds like an AQHA name, but I didn't find it. I tried different spellings, like "Te" or "Tee",nothing came up.

If she in fact was registered with the AQHA the original owner can file for a duplicate certificate.

Kanrie 09-04-2013 09:56 AM

He said that he couldn't remember her breed or her regesture number. It's okay if I don't have them. Thanks a lot for your help in this, I was at a loss.

Speed Racer 09-04-2013 10:04 AM

Yeah, sounds as if the horse was never registered, and he merely told you that to make her seem more desirable. Who doesn't remember their horse's breed? Not knowing a registration number sure, but breed?

Kanrie 09-04-2013 10:51 AM

I have known some people who have indeed forgotten their horses breeds, but this person was bad in the drinking and had over 250 head. I do believe she is a QH, at least that's what her body conformation looks like. Even if they did have the papers they only wanted 300 for her regardless.

farmpony84 09-04-2013 11:00 AM

I did find a sassy cutter that is a palomino but it was born in 82 (AQHA). She could be registered, but if she is, you have the wrong name.

She also could be registered under the palomino association but I don't know how to look up on that one.

My geuss is she was never registered (from what you are saying regarding the amount of horses and the drinking problem)

Speed Racer 09-04-2013 11:00 AM

Like I said, papers only matter if you're interested in breed shows or breeding your mare.

Kanrie 09-04-2013 11:19 AM

Okay, thank you all for your help. I'm not going to give up entirely because I'm not interested in breeding her for another two years.