The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Daisy's Conformation? Thanks. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-daisys-conformation-thanks-26983/)

LeahKathleen 04-29-2009 09:06 PM

Critique Daisy's Conformation? Thanks.

5 Attachment(s)
Some of these pictures aren't perfect for critiquing, but hopefully you can give me something. :]

She is a 16 year old AQHA mare, registered name Daisy N Duke, from cutting blood. Daisy N Duke

There's one of her face at the end, just 'cause I think she's pretty. :]

Thanks!

PS - I know she looks a little toed-out in the second picture, but I think her legs are pretty straight... not sure why it looks that way, must have been the way she was standing.

reining girl 04-29-2009 09:13 PM

She is a nice looking girl, i think she looks like a cutting horse lol. She is so cute i love her face and her tail is so nice and thick, how do you do the french braid thing? I have tried and i cant do it to save my life. I also love your barn, very nice stalls, nice setup. Daisy is a nice looking horse.

reining girl 04-29-2009 09:15 PM

The only thing i would say, is maybe a little bit of a long back????? im not that good at critique, i just look at how pretty the horse is lol, so dont take me to go look at pretty horses ill want it lol =)

LeahKathleen 04-29-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reining girl (Post 298456)
She is a nice looking girl, i think she looks like a cutting horse lol. She is so cute i love her face and her tail is so nice and thick, how do you do the french braid thing? I have tried and i cant do it to save my life. I also love your barn, very nice stalls, nice setup. Daisy is a nice looking horse.

Thanks so much. I love her to death. Also, we just built the barn in January. :]

The braid is just a plain French braid, starting at the base of the tail with the little short hairs. It helps if you wet them first. Just just French braid, reaching all the way to the back of the dock do you don't leave any hairs out! :]

LeahKathleen 04-29-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reining girl (Post 298459)
The only thing i would say, is maybe a little bit of a long back????? im not that good at critique, i just look at how pretty the horse is lol, so dont take me to go look at pretty horses ill want it lol =)

She does have a long back, but I like it. Ha ha ha.

reining girl 04-29-2009 09:21 PM

lol, i try and try to french braid but i just cant do it for some reason lol. Ya i think thats the only thing that sticks out to me, my old horse macho had a long back and i didnt care, made it easier to lay on his back lol =)

reining girl 04-29-2009 09:21 PM

so, do you do cutting with your horses?

LeahKathleen 04-29-2009 09:24 PM

Daisy was a cutter as a young gun, before I had her, but she injured her knee and became a broodmare. Now she's my girl. I don't cut with her, no. I don't have a clue how to cut cattle. We've messed around with it before, and she sure knows what she's doing, but I don't! Ha ha.

Greta and Blondie have been started in cutting, and have competed at lower levels, and done well. Now they are spending their younger years (they are both 4) learning to be easy trail horses, and then maybe when they get older, I'll send them into bigger competitions. I want them to be well rounded, ha ha, but also do what they love and were bred for. :]

RedHawk 04-29-2009 09:31 PM

She has a bit of a long back, like reining_girl said, and she looks a little posty in he back legs, but otherwise she is a very nice mare and she has a really sweet face!
p.s. i love your barn! i want a barn! lol. where my horses are all we have is paddocks.

LeahKathleen 04-29-2009 09:34 PM

Thank you! I have always loved her little feminine face. :]