The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   My laptop is poking me! (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/my-laptop-poking-me-27014/)

Vidaloco 04-30-2009 02:50 PM

My laptop is poking me!

I have an older but ok working HP laptop. When I rest my arms on the face of the keyboard I keep getting little shocks. I've checked my electrical connection, everything seems ok. When I'm running on battery it stops.
Is it time to get a new one? Its about 5-6 years old. I'm thinking of getting the duct tape out and covering were the shocks are coming from. I've already painted on new letters that have worn off, might as well go for the full redneck look :shock::lol:

Heybird 04-30-2009 02:57 PM

LOL if you do that Please take pictures!!! :lol: I would try selling it on craigslist *Shockingly great Laptop* pppffft *Surprise ending* "Duct tape included"
Go get a macbook :wink: they have refurbs that are great.

Jehanzeb 05-01-2009 05:38 AM

Its more like static charge comin out of the laptop keyboard. I would suggest while the laptop is off, clean it with anti static spray/cloth and then try it.

If problem still presist then I am not sure what else can be done, as you mentioned that electric flow in your house is fine, I dont see any other point for the little shocks.

Have you tried it somewhere else within a house or at friends house? Try it and see, perhaps it might be that point where it is plugged in or perhaps its in the house? I'd test it at someone's house to be 100% sure that it is not the house electric but the laptop itself.

I all doesn't work then might as well get a new laptop :D.

Sorry couldn't help much here as I never heard of this kind of problem before.

Regards

Vidaloco 05-01-2009 11:27 AM

I just ordered a new Sony Vaio all in one desktop. I'm going to retire my laptop to the horse trailer for when we travel.
I'm just hoping my Sprint wireless broadband data card works in it. :?