The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   technology question for trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/technology-question-trainers-270209/)

luke4275 09-04-2013 01:00 AM

technology question for trainers

My trainer uses a huge area and sometimes she yells out and i can't hear her.. she cant hear me etc.. are there wireless mic/headsets that we can both use? not too costly and not too big as well?

usandpets 09-04-2013 01:09 AM

Check out stores like BestBuy or RadioShack or go to a store like Walmart and get a cheap pair of walkie talkie toys.
Posted via Mobile Device

~*~anebel~*~ 09-04-2013 01:46 AM

I have an Eponaire one way system. The earpiece isn't great for the rider - I prefer the more expensive systems (Comtek - also sold by Eponaire) where riders can use their own headsets. And the volume control has to be taped or it is too easy to move.
But for an inexpensive system is does all that is needed and once riders are used to the earpiece it is easy enough and stays in well. I can also hook the receiver up to speakers which can be useful!

A good "starter" system is going to run you a few hundred bucks, and the Comtek systems are over $1000. But well worth it!!!

ETA - my event students also have the VOX two way system for the X-country course, which is also nice, but as is stated on the Eponaire webiste, not great for arena work as the VOX is obnoxious!!

olympustraining 09-26-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~ (Post 3544073)
I have an Eponaire one way system. The earpiece isn't great for the rider - I prefer the more expensive systems (Comtek - also sold by Eponaire) where riders can use their own headsets. And the volume control has to be taped or it is too easy to move.
But for an inexpensive system is does all that is needed and once riders are used to the earpiece it is easy enough and stays in well. I can also hook the receiver up to speakers which can be useful!

A good "starter" system is going to run you a few hundred bucks, and the Comtek systems are over $1000. But well worth it!!!

ETA - my event students also have the VOX two way system for the X-country course, which is also nice, but as is stated on the Eponaire webiste, not great for arena work as the VOX is obnoxious!!

They have headsets and mics, but they are quite costly. I am looking for an inexpensive version myself. If anyone knows of any or knows how I can get creative, please let me know! :)

equitate 09-26-2013 08:50 PM

Radio shack used to have them from $20 apiece. No longer. The best I have found that LAST are from eartec and are $299 (get one receiver with mic, and the other with just an earpiece...you can choose) RidingInstructorWireless24G Recharges, great. Right

DancingArabian 09-26-2013 09:55 PM

Stateline tack has a wireless communicator set for around $250
Posted via Mobile Device

olympustraining 09-27-2013 01:31 AM

Thanks for the tips, still looking for something even more affordable though!

6gun Kid 09-27-2013 06:14 PM

I use this sytem at work for presentations in large and I mean LARGE event halls etc. When Palogal and I get our indoor built I am gonna buy one for her.
PylePro 800 Watt Dual Channel Wireless Rechageable Portable PA System With iPodiPhone Dock FM Radio USBSD Handheld Microphone and Lavalier Microphone by Office Depot