The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I got my site done!! YAY! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-got-my-site-done-yay-27036/)

Shawneen 04-30-2009 10:13 PM

I got my site done!! YAY!

It's finally done! I am so happy - and tired! I have been having to work on it while having to real work and it's been exhausting, but I'm pretty pleased!

www.brokenspade.com

Let me know what you all think... I accept "constructive criticism" too! LOL :)

Heybird 04-30-2009 10:28 PM

Your site looks good! I love the textures and the color :-) I would definitely choose a simple font when it comes down to information on the site (easier on the eyes) * I wasn't sure though if you had gotten that far yet tho :wink: Try to remember to stick to 2 fonts. Ie: Horses link then to the right of the image.

I have some code on my site (link below) in my work area. You can click on an image and it does a cool link on page to a zoom image. If you want it, it's very easy to insert just let me know and I'll send it to you.

I Love the logo!! Very simple but different.

May want to think of putting in a contact form for the extremely lazy ppl LOL

One last thing is the text being centered it sort of hard to read I would format it to not go so wide and left justify unless it is a small amount of words. :-)

Shawneen 04-30-2009 10:34 PM

Shwwwwwwwweet - thanks for the input!

I agree with the font on the pedigrees if thats what youre talking about, but my hubby - silly cowboys he is - likes shiny things (OH MAN THAT IS SO COOL!) hahaha i had to stop him when he was trying to throw lightning and flames and all this other crap in there LOL

Contact form - if youre too lazy to send an email or call me then pfffffffffft LOL

Shawneen 04-30-2009 10:40 PM

Oh yeah, you mentioned our logo - thats actually our brand. I have a freeze brand and a hot brand. I like being unique and I didnt want any type of brand labeled "BS" LOLOL

LeahKathleen 04-30-2009 10:43 PM

Looks great! I agree about the pedigrees - they are difficult to read. Everything looks awesome though!

Heybird 04-30-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawneen (Post 299202)
Shwwwwwwwweet - thanks for the input!

I agree with the font on the pedigrees if thats what youre talking about, but my hubby - silly cowboys he is - likes shiny things (OH MAN THAT IS SO COOL!) hahaha i had to stop him when he was trying to throw lightning and flames and all this other crap in there LOL

Contact form - if youre too lazy to send an email or call me then pfffffffffft LOL

LOL I agree but leave the shiny cool stuff to the headers :lol: Especially with the Pedigrees need to be able to read that. He knows what it says b/c he typed it but others won't be able to. (I love that text teehee I would have an issue not using it everywhere as well!!!)

Yes ppl are lazy but it's an easy & quick thing to do and has "list" where they can choose a direct section of your site they are asking a question about.

ALSO don't forget you favicon :wink: Your brand might come out good at that size :D

mysandi 05-01-2009 06:30 AM

I really like it! It's very artistic and easy to navigate.

My2Geldings 05-01-2009 11:20 AM

Good!

What a great looking site!

free_sprtd 05-01-2009 12:12 PM

i love it!!! great site!

Shawneen 05-01-2009 12:14 PM

w00t! thanks everyone - gonna work on changing the pedigrees now :)