The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Stories and Poems (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/)
-   -   Dancing in the rain. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/dancing-rain-270377/)

WaveHorse2 09-04-2013 12:12 PM

Dancing in the rain.

Ok, so I was bored and decided to write this short story :D

Tania grabbed at the rearing horse's lead rope. The horse struck at her with his hooves. Her brown ponytail fell loose and covered her eyes. She couldn't see properly. The Pinto-loosa came down. He was a flea bitten grey with palomino and brown splashes that looked as if someone had blown paint on him from the front. He turned around and aimed a kick at her. Agter that everything went black.
3 years later:
"I'm 16! Seriously, I can take care of myself mom!" Tania yelled down the hallway. "I know, I know sweetheart. I'm just saying that you shouldn't go to strange places with that boy," her mom replied. Tania was now standing in the door of her mother's room. "Mom. Drake would never do something like that to me," she sighed. "That's what they want you to think," her mom warned. Tania kissed her mother on the cheek. "Sure mom," she said. "I'll take care". Tania was gorgeous. She had wavy dark brown hair, high cheekbones that were a pink rose color and a tanned skin. She had the perfect body, a body of a goddess, some say. Her mom always says: "Honey, the gods personally blessed you with your beauty". Tonight she was wearing dark skinny jeans and a bright yellow blouse, topped with a grey sweater. She was also wearing killer black heels. She went outside. Suddenly her aqua colored phone rang. The screen said: 'Drake ?
'. "Hello?" She said as she picked it up. "Hey babes! I'm there in two minutes," he said. Suddenly the phone rang again. It was an unknown number. "Hello?" She asked hesitantly. "Hello Tania. You don't know me. But ask your mother when are you returning to the ranch please," the voice said. "Ok?" Tania said, confused. Then the other phone was put down.

I'll put more up later :D :P
Posted via Mobile Device

WaveHorse2 09-05-2013 09:15 AM

Should I go on?
Posted via Mobile Device

paintthesky 09-05-2013 11:25 PM

I like it :) nice work

WaveHorse2 09-08-2013 10:30 AM

"So how was your date?" Tania's mother asked the next morning. "Great. Like every other time," Tania said dreamily. "That's nice dear," her mom said. Tania sat down at the kitchen table and scrolled through her messages. She had 11 missed calls from the same number. She went to her room and listened to the voice messages. All the same message: "ask your mother when are you returning to the ranch". Tania got up and went to the TV room. "Mom. Do we have a ranch?" Tania asked. "Grandma Vicky has," her mother said. She was sure Tania wouldn't want to go to a stupid horse ranch! "When are we returning?" Tania said, a little confused by her own question. "Never," her mother muttered. "Excuse me?" Tania asked politely. "We aren't going back," her mother snapped and left the room. Tania returned to her bedroom and called the number back. "Hello," a deep voice said on the other end of the line. "Hello. It's Tania. Who are you? And what "ranch". Start talking," she said.
Posted via Mobile Device

WaveHorse2 09-12-2013 08:55 AM

Should I continue? It seems nobody is interested?? :(
Posted via Mobile Device

cowgirl4753 09-12-2013 08:59 AM

I'm reading!! And hooked :-) really early here so I will check back in a few hours :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

WaveHorse2 09-12-2013 11:05 AM

"Well. You're just like your mother," the voice said. "Yeah yeah, cut the sweet talk. What's going on," Tania snapped. "Ask your mama. She's the only one that can explain. And besides, I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise," the voice said and the phone was put down. Tania walked to the kitchen. She sat at the table and watched her mom for a minute. "Mom. Please tell me about the ranch," she begged. Her mother sighed and sat down at the table. Then she told the whole story, how Tania grew up on the ranch, how she was kicked by a mustang she tried breaking in, how she forgot about everything, and then the move to the city. "So that's why I have no childhood memories?" Tania asked after the story. Her mother slowly nodded. "Well?" Tania asked. "What?" Her mother replied. "When are we going back?" She asked. Her mother shook. "You really want to?" She asked. "Yes," tania said definitely. Her mother sighed. "Fine we can move in a few weeks," she said. "MOVE?" Tania shrieked. "It's far. I'm not just going for a visit. So you want to go or not?" Her mom snapped. Tania was silent for a moment. "I want to go," she said.
Posted via Mobile Device

cowgirl4753 09-12-2013 11:42 AM

Cool :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Zexious 09-12-2013 01:57 PM

Overall a good piece, but could use some work on the fluidity.

WaveHorse2 09-13-2013 09:32 AM

Two months later Tania and her mother was waiting at an airport somewhere out west. "Ok. Let's get our baggage and go search for grandma Vicky," her mother said. Tania and her mother fetched the baggage. They found Grandma Vicky easily. She rushed over to them and showered them with rose-scented hugs and kisses. She had white hair, was skinny and she wore a pretty blue, flower print outfit. "Alright, lets get to the truck," she said after a lot of fussing. The trio went to the parking lot and got into a big yellow truck. "This is so exciting!" Shrieked Tania. Suddenly her phone rang. She picked it up without looking. "Hello?" She said. "Tania! Where are you? I've been calling you for a week! Are you ignoring me?" Her boyfriend's frantic voice talked.
Posted via Mobile Device