AH!!! Plastic bag swallowing!!! Help!!!
So I went out to ride today, before I jumped on I left my green woolies bag that contained my brushes etc + a plastic bag full of chopped up carrot just by the gate to the paddock. When I got back.. the entire contents was scattered everywhere, brushes, hoof pick, sciccors...but no carrots..and no plastic bag.
I think Spot (one of the horses, incredibly nosey and greedy) reached under the fence, grabbed the bag and ate the carrots! What if she swallowed the plastic?? She seemed fine and happy and I tried to look down her mouth and didn't see anything. I'm freaking out couldn't it kill her? Will the bag pass through her or sit in her gut?!?!?!
Could the bag have blown away?? I sure hope so!
I would call your vet and see if they want to oil her to help pass it if she did swallow it.
Dang horses! They seem to get into everything!
Sending good thoughts!
my friends horse ate a plastic bread bag before. he was fine, nothing happened at all. it just passed through him. i think the main worry would be choking, which obviously didnt happen. i dont think it would sit in her stomach (im not saying it couldnt, it very well could) it will most likely just pass through. i wouldnt get a vet out, just keep a close eye on her. maybe even just call a vet or 2 and see what they have to say about it. hope all goes well :D!!!
Dusty ate a fishing line that had a hook on the other end (the end not swallowed PTL!) and we pulled it out and is was like feet long! The horse should be fine though...
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0