The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Please critique-- Which one should I go look at/try out?? Please leave critique. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-one-should-i-go-27095/)

horseluver50 05-01-2009 10:46 PM

Please critique-- Which one should I go look at/try out?? Please leave critique.

11 yr old 15.3hh Thoroughbred Mare::
Thoroughbred Horse for Sale in Vernon, British Columbia
She sounds like an amazing horse, and she is plain gorgeous! I love her big smooth canter, and everything about her for that matter.
Here is a video of her:: (filmed 2 years ago though)

14 yr old 16hh Thoroughbred Mare::
Castanet Classifieds - 1995 Registered Thoroughbred mare
I really like her too. The owner even said that they will lower the price to the right home. I love jumping, so she seems to suit that, I also love western pleasure.

8 yr old 16.1hh Standardbred Gelding::
Castanet Classifieds - Standardbred gelding
Seems like a great horse, but don't really know much about him. I will e-mail the owners soon to see if they have videos and such... hard to judge without much info or pics... but he seems great.

So, please vote for the horse in which you think I should give a try... but first I will tell you a little bit about me, so you kind of know what I am looking for::

I am 13 years old.
I am 5'7 and weigh over 110.
I need something that can jump a little, and just mainly for pleasure.

Thanks everyone, and remember to leave your critique on the horse of ur choice :))

horseloverd2 05-01-2009 11:20 PM

I really like Paris; she has nice movement. She also has a sleek and shiny coat-always a good sign. She is also oldER... not too young (like 4 or 5) so she has more experience. Paris all the way! I would buy her if I could.

rider4life422 05-01-2009 11:57 PM

Paris is off at the trot, she also doesn't pick up the left lead much at all and when she does it looks very odd. The rider let her go around on the wrong lead half the time when jumping. She should have been on the left lead instead she jumped it all on the right. She is pretty though. I like the second mare.

ALYJOMOFO 05-02-2009 12:46 AM

i agree that she (paris) looks off. but that video is over 2 years old, i like the second horse as well. its all up to you though

horseluver50 05-02-2009 01:29 AM

Horseloverd2-- haha. Thanks :) I think she has a very beautiful sleek coat as well :) I agree, her movement is great in some parts of the video.. but also some of it is not so great.

rider4life422-- I don't see how she looks off... maybe it's just me.. I just noticed now that her canter is on the wrong lead o.O oh well, it doesn't mean it makes the horse worse, it just means the rider was giving her the wrong aids.

ALYJOMOFO-- True, the video is over two years old, the horse could be worse or better at the moment... maybe they should get their own video... it would be more helpful.. but o well.. we still get to see what her conformation is, and how she moves.

Anyways, thanks soooo much guys. I truly appreciate you taking your own time to help a stranger :) THANKS :DDDDDD

This is sooo hard... if only the other 2 horses had videos... :(

horseloverd2 05-02-2009 11:02 AM

I mean, she is a little off-I'll agree-but I don't think that matters much if you want to train her. =) It could have been the rider.

Gillian 05-02-2009 11:15 AM

I like Paris. I think her rider definitely wasn't doing her any favors.
I'd go see her.

Good luck!
:]

xDressageDivAx 05-02-2009 11:50 AM

Paris is a nice hors! Shame about the rider!! xXx

reining girl 05-02-2009 02:18 PM

I like paris, she is a nice looking girl, and seems nice. i think that was the riders fault and the video is also 2 years old, so i would go give paris a try, or even go try all of them and see which one you like best!

rider4life422 05-02-2009 04:15 PM

The rider wouldn't make her head bob like that at the trot. She puts her feet down and picks them up right away which causes her to use her neck and head and "bob". The horse needs the neck at the walk and canter but it should stay relitively still at the trot. It looks like its in the left front but I could be wrong, that could also account for her not picking up the left lead. She doesn't do the bob all the time but she definately picks up the feet a little quicker than normal. It could be that she needs shoes, is sore, or got trimmed too short, but definately make sure you don't want to start out with feet problems