The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Seasons changing :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/seasons-changing-271114/)

mollymay 09-05-2013 10:53 AM

Seasons changing :)

So here in the northwest the season will be changing quickly. I always look forward to summer riding, and all the fun of it, but I look forward to the fall also! When you go to ride the air is so clean smelling, the horses act different and you suddenly find yourself in love with an arena again. It's the best time to start going back to the basics. Also here we get rain- a LOT, but it's fun riding in the arena with the rain on the tin roof and feeling separated from the world just for a little while. Oh and did I mention getting to put those awesome carhartt jackets back in use. :) I'll probably be complaining in four months that I can't wait for summer, but for now I'm ready for a bit of calm riding with my boy. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

wetrain17 09-05-2013 11:31 AM

Riding in the fall is the best. I also end up doing more trail riding in the fall. Nothing beats those views with the color changes as the mist is coming off the rivers and streams and the fog is lifting from the ground. There's a reason why October is my favorite month

Drifting 09-05-2013 11:49 AM

I am so excited for fall! The humidity is going away and the temps are starting to dip down to the low 80's high 70's, and I am just excited!

I don't like summer riding. I don't like to sweat when I'm trying to do ground work and other chores. So yay cooler weather!

I'm with you wetrain17, I love October. The only part I don't like is the shorter days.

mollymay 09-05-2013 12:31 PM

Oh I don't even mind the short days! It's a bummer on the power bill to light up the arena, but oh well :) I love the coolness of it also. Good bye hot humid 80+ degree days, hello cool crisp 70- degree days!
Posted via Mobile Device

Zexious 09-05-2013 12:38 PM

October is definitely my favorite month. It has my favorite holiday, the weather is perfect, the leaves are beautiful, and it smells nice.
Not the mention the riding! Fall is my favorite seeaasson!! <3 yay!

MsLady 09-05-2013 12:39 PM

I love fall and the changing seasons, the crispness in the air. It is my favorite time. I can't wait!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ninamebo 09-05-2013 02:25 PM

Ditto everything that's been said! On top of all that, October is my birthday month. Couldn't be any more perfect :) plus, riding tights and a cozy cable knit sweater is so comfy :)

The colors of the trees though.. That's where it's at.

Inkatinka 09-05-2013 05:17 PM

We are changing in the opposite direction, spring has finally come! The weather is balmy, the days longer, the horses fresh and thank god rugging for another year is over!

Klassic Superstar 09-05-2013 05:23 PM

Ditto with all of the above, I a waiting on schooling show dates, thinking of clip designs and shopping for a good rain sheet with a hood! Ollie gets hind shoes to help this falkland winter with the sand arena and pushing off from his hind end more! I'm looking into good winter wear attire for riding!!

The break from the heat will be nice, I'm looking forward to scheduling a fall photo shoot with the color change in the leaves!!

Northernstar 09-05-2013 05:56 PM

Definitely excited about fall! - we've had frost advisories already - the best sleeping weather! It's a wonderful time for the horses too, and a time when an occasional ride is pleasurable again. Their coats now have that first 'velvety thickness', as the good Lord sees to those needs like always...We'll often see snow in Oct., even as the leaves are still in full color - a breathtaking scene! We embrace fall and winter here at the lodge, which is good - Winter is long! The vast forests here are truly a bit of 'Heaven on Earth' :)