The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   New to Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/)
-   -   Do we need to graduate high school? (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/do-we-need-graduate-high-school-271466/)

Lostlita 09-05-2013 11:08 PM

Do we need to graduate high school?

Well, I really want to know what job I could get to support myself and a few horses in the future, without a high school diploma. I know this question kind of seems broad, but I'm as green as they can get.

farmpony84 09-05-2013 11:09 PM

I think you should do your best to graduate high school...

I'm not in Canada so I can't offer any suggestions but we do have a huge amount of Canadian members so I'm sure they'll chime in.

Delfina 09-05-2013 11:10 PM

umm.. probably none.

You don't have to graduate from high school though, you can get a GED.

Lostlita 09-05-2013 11:19 PM

I'm asking this because I'm too traumatized to go to school. I've hated it more and more since the end of grade 8, and now that school has started; well, I went on the first day and I left at lunch because I nearly cried while just talking to a teacher.

jmike 09-05-2013 11:28 PM

it's good to go ahead and graduate --- there are some really good jobs out there without going past high school and very very few good paying jobs without going past

Skyseternalangel 09-05-2013 11:44 PM

Do you have these social anxieties outside of school.. like when buying things, job interviews, etc?

If not, then I would look into pursuring a GED. If you do, then maybe therapy would help you to talk things out and figure out what makes you so nervous.

Highschool is brutual.. I know. But finishing it is important. Just there are different options available to graduate.

Casey02 09-05-2013 11:50 PM

Finish your school, you will thank yourself later. Even if you have to do online.

SorrelHorse 09-05-2013 11:55 PM

I'm with Sky on this one.

katbalu 09-06-2013 12:02 AM

I say 100% yes, you should graduate high school. It seems like way too early in life to begin limiting opportunities & closing doors. Not saying its impossible to get far without a diploma, but it's much easier to get farther with one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 09-06-2013 12:11 AM

If you are having trouble going to school, how do you expect to go to your job? The expectations and challenges don't go away. If you're having that much trouble you need to talk to your parents and get a therapist.
Posted via Mobile Device