The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Moving on (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/moving-272162/)

4horses 09-07-2013 01:45 AM

Moving on

It seems like nothing goes right for me. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness 4 years ago and I lost 40 lbs. I ended up losing my job and moving back home with my parents.

Not long after I got sick, my bf of 5 years decided he couldn't handle it. This was after he had given me a ring and made all sorts of promises. I found out through Facebook when he changed his relationship status. When I confronted him about it he told me it was "just a joke" and that she was "just a friend". She was telling him she loved him in Spanish all over her facebook page! He moved in with her not long after that and we haven't spoken since.

Fast forward to now. I've finally stabilized medically and I'm able to work part time. I'm still sick a lot, I have a lot of doctor's appointments,

4horses 09-07-2013 01:58 AM

I am just starting to put my life back together.

The problem is I have no social life. My friends have graduated from college and moved away. I didn't bother keeping up with anyone as I was really sick. I've gotten really isolated. I haven't dated anyone since the break up. I really want to move on, I'm just not sure how.

Maybe I just need to keep trying to get back on my feet. Financially I am a mess. Right now I'm making maybe $7000 a year. If it wasn't for my family I don't know what I would do.

I'm not really a social person so meeting people is difficult for me. I worry about social occasions because I get sick a lot, and I end up cancelling at the last minute.

Obviously trust is an issue as well. I don't have much trust in people or in dating. I prefer my pets as they have been there for me no matter how sick I am.

Missy May 09-07-2013 09:36 AM

Give thanks for what you have.

Socializing w people w horses as a common interest is reasonably easy. I am sure there are organization in your area that only pertain to horses. And, it isn't ordinarily held against you if you can't make it a time or two. I am the extreme opposite of an outgoing person, but I find being around people w a common interest (horses) makes me a lot more apt to chat w "strangers".