The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Potential Look - Cremello AQHA (I think) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/potential-look-cremello-aqha-i-think-272426/)

KylieHuitema 09-07-2013 03:52 PM

Potential Look - Cremello AQHA (I think)

Here she is, 5 yrs old. I would want her for eventing.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa250c999.jpg

Tryst 09-07-2013 05:17 PM

Any chance for better photos? This one appears distorted (or like a photo of print that has curled) and is at an angle, making a critique very difficult.

KylieHuitema 09-07-2013 06:02 PM

This is all there is, and I believe, from the post, that the seller is selling for a friend. (Seems to have little knowledge)
Posted via Mobile Device

Tryst 09-07-2013 06:10 PM

If the horse is close enough to go see, I guess I would go look at her. She doesn't exactly scream eventer from this one distorted photo, but hard to know what she looks like IRL.

franknbeans 09-07-2013 07:25 PM

My question would be what attracts you to this horse? Personally, it just would never cross my mind to event this one. Lacks topline, legs look wonky....just not right, and I am not sure if it is the picture or what. Honestly-I would think this was a scam. THe picture looks to be reproduced a thousand times.

KylieHuitema 09-07-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 3575642)
My question would be what attracts you to this horse? Personally, it just would never cross my mind to event this one. Lacks topline, legs look wonky....just not right, and I am not sure if it is the picture or what. Honestly-I would think this was a scam. THe picture looks to be reproduced a thousand times.

Color. Lol. I want a cremello like no other and she's the first one to pop up. I will hopefully get to look at her and get more pictures
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBrandy 09-07-2013 09:13 PM

Can't really see her top line in that picture - it's disappearing into the sky :D

tinyliny 09-07-2013 09:28 PM

long pasterns with hoof angles that don't match. underrun heels in back. weak knees. weak coupling, neck set on low. This is a pretty colored horse, but that's all.

rookie 09-07-2013 09:36 PM

Something is off about the hind end to me (weak coupling?), her neck is under muscled, her shoulder seems steep to me and her chest seems rather pointy (Pigeon breasted?). The whole image is of a horse that is under condition. She seems over at the knee which would make me question how she would hold up to the challenge of eventing. Color is as color does, for eventing I would look at the task at hand over color. I have color lust for a palomino, so I understand the appeal. That said if you are serious about eventing and serious about a cremello I would keep looking. I don't know that I would waste the gas looking at this one. I don't know much about conformation I just don't like much about this mare.

OutOfTheLoop 09-07-2013 09:39 PM

Why not find a cremello gelding? Are you wanting a cremello to breed for color? If so, keep looking
Posted via Mobile Device