The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Help with yuppie brothers. please! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/help-yuppie-brothers-please-273049/)

LouieThePalomino 09-08-2013 04:18 PM

Help with yuppie brothers. please!

Well my brothers have gotten really bad lately about the internet. They do not get off it all they do is sit and watch stupid YouTube videos on their iPods. And the videos they watch are just videos of people playing video games, its not funny and they are sometimes two hours long. Its rediculous and my younger brother is a complete brat from it and copies the behaviors in these videos. Its gotten so bad that they actually steal the IPads and iPods at night and watch these videos all night long. And then they lie that they dony have them. Its crazy they are failing school, they lie, and they steal. Plus their attitudes are complete crap.

My dad doesnt do anything really except take the electronincs away but they always steal it back amd lock it in their rooms. I think OS insane, its so irritating. They havent willingly gone outside all summer. So what can I do or suggest my parebts do?
Posted via Mobile Device

LouieThePalomino 09-08-2013 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 276681

Oh and I thought id include a picture of them doing what they do best. They sit there all day in their pajamas.

Darrin 09-08-2013 04:25 PM

-Try and convince your parents to limit their time to something like an hour a day. If your parents are working and not home to see them not going out during the day, let them know. I don't know your parents so don't know if talking to them will help but it's worth a try. Short of your parents laying down the law, there's not much you can directly do as I'm sure your brothers will just ignore you.

-Will you get in trouble for stealing them before your brothers and locking them in your room instead? Just saying...

cakemom 09-08-2013 04:28 PM

Sounds like parents need to put a block on the Internet in your house. After 9pm I'd shut the Internet down. Also, busy hands cannot do those things. My children do dishes, cut grass, clean stalls, ride bikes and horses and motorcycles...
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintHorseMares 09-08-2013 04:29 PM

I'm not much help. In my day you went around the neighborhood looking for empty pop bottles to get the 2 deposit until you saved enough to buy a "pocket" transistor radio and 9V battery. Times have certainly changed....
Posted via Mobile Device

LouieThePalomino 09-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrin (Post 3582929)
-Try and convince your parents to limit their time to something like an hour a day. If your parents are working and not home to see them not going out during the day, let them know. I don't know your parents so don't know if talking to them will help but it's worth a try. Short of your parents laying down the law, there's not much you can directly do as I'm sure your brothers will just ignore you.

-Will you get in trouble for stealing them before your brothers and locking them in your room instead? Just saying...

Yeah my dads almost always at hone and he tends to think its not a problem or ignores it, but iys bad because they are virtually zombies lol.

And most likesly, he put a lock password on some of them but the kids keep figuring them out.
Posted via Mobile Device

LouieThePalomino 09-08-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakemom (Post 3582961)
Sounds like parents need to put a block on the Internet in your house. After 9pm I'd shut the Internet down. Also, busy hands cannot do those things. My children do dishes, cut grass, clean stalls, ride bikes and horses and motorcycles...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, they should do that. Ill ask them about it. But yeah, they do dishes and cut the grass but there is always one who skates out of it, or say, why cant so an so do it? And it turns into a fight lol.

Im hardly ever there, I spend most of my tine working at the barn lol. I hate being at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 09-08-2013 04:34 PM

Really it comes down to the fact that they're your brothers, not your children. You can't do anything about any of the stuff you mentioned. Unless you can get your parents to do something, it's not your place to step in - as annoying as it is. If they see nothing wrong with the behavior I'm afraid you're probably going to have to deal with it. See if you can have a sit down with your parents and have a serious discussion about it.

cakemom 09-08-2013 04:40 PM

As the older sister to my brother I'm lucky because I have children the same age as he is- so my mother will take my help with him readily. You are in a tight place there though if your parents aren't of the same mind as you.
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 09-08-2013 05:42 PM

Unless you're meant to be caring for them, then it really isn't any of your business WHAT they do. I think my sister wears clothes she shouldn't, I think she bleaches her hair too much and I think she goes out to much BUT all I can do is lightly suggest that she stay home every so often, tell her I like her hair better dark and that 'x' outfit is 'cute' and hope for the best. She isn't my kid, my parents don't see a problem with it, so it isn't my place.

NOW, if I was the one spending money to take care of her, buy her clothes, take her out, it would be my place- but until I have to do all that I've got to suck it up and let her do her own thing.