The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Low Hunters/Intermediate/Low adult?? (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/low-hunters-intermediate-low-adult-273473/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-09-2013 01:35 PM

Low Hunters/Intermediate/Low adult??

Alright going to a fun show this weekend and want to jump 2'6" - but there are 3 different divisions at that level so I am a tad confused on which to enter...these are the divisions:

Low Hunter 2'6"
Intermediate Rider 2'6"
Low Children & Adult 2'6"

Can anyone tell me about the 3 divisions and what differentiates them, since it clearly isn't height? ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-10-2013 11:19 AM

Anyone think they know? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

updownrider 09-10-2013 01:32 PM

===============
Low Hunter 2'6"
Intermediate Rider 2'6"
Low Children & Adult 2'6"
================

I'll take a guess, and I assume somewhere in the prize list the restrictions are stated.

Low Hunter is most likely open to any rider and horse combination. This includes Amateur or Professional riders. Some riders might use this division as a warm-up or schooling for their horses to jump in other divisions at this show with bigger jumps.

Intermediate Rider is most likely open to any horse, but there is probably a restriction on the rider; could be how high the rider is jumping at this show in other classes or has jumped at any other show, or how many blue ribbons the rider has won. Since the restriction is on the rider, I am guessing most riders will be Amateurs.

Low Children and Adult tells me that there might be a regular division of Children and Adult that jumps higher at this show. This low division is most likely restricted to Juniors and Amateurs not allowed to cross enter into other classes jumping higher than 2'6" at this show.

Remember, this was all a guess. Contact the show to be sure of the division restrictions before you enter. And good luck!

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-10-2013 01:35 PM

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

updownrider 09-10-2013 01:39 PM

When you find out what the divisions really mean, please come back and explain.

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-10-2013 01:57 PM

Ok! I just emailed them to find out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Acco 09-17-2013 12:30 PM

I think different show circuits have different rules, but the person above gave descriptions that are similar to the rules in my area

My show circuit also has three different 2'6" divisions -
One is for *riders* who have never shown higher than 2'6" (we call it intermediate too)
One is for *horses* who have never shown higher than 2'6" (for green horses)
And the third is open to anybody, so people use this division as a warmup or trainers can ride in it or whatever