The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Wanted Horse Trailer (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/wanted-horse-trailer-273954/)

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2013 10:55 AM

Wanted Horse Trailer
 
I have been looking for a horse trailer for a while now. I have looked on all the standard sites, now it istime to try some new options. I need to expand, If I tell you what I am looking for in a horse trailer will you all keep an eye out, and send me any ads you see in your local area.
Thanks.

Looking for a trailer in the midwest, within 6 hours driving of St Louis.

4 horse slant with a ramp

or

2 plus 1

year 2000 or better
better brand.. sundowner, keifer built, featherlite, four star, etc
Ramp is a must
good to excellent shape
all aluminum
floor not longer than 24'
4 foot dressing room with a walk through
under $20,000

I do have a 1999, 3 horse, featherlite for sale or trade.


incidentals: nice but not necessary

insulated
ac or wiring for ac
Any kind of living quarters

Thanks

Viranh 09-10-2013 02:25 PM

It's hard to find a trailer around here it seems. I looked for mine for months. Have you checked out Cowtown USA in Cuba, MO? It's where I finally found my 4-star 2 horse. They have all kinds of used trailers, many quite nice.

color01 09-10-2013 04:11 PM

we bought 2 months ago this 2007 - 28ft 2+1 Kiefer for 17K.

https://sphotos-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...00515898_n.jpg

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viranh (Post 3598714)
It's hard to find a trailer around here it seems. I looked for mine for months. Have you checked out Cowtown USA in Cuba, MO? It's where I finally found my 4-star 2 horse. They have all kinds of used trailers, many quite nice.


Yes, I check cowtown regularly, it seems the 4 horse slants with a ramp are hard to come by. I was hoping maybe there might be some more on the market this time of the year.

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by color01 (Post 3599426)
we bought 2 months ago this 2007 - 28ft 2+1 Kiefer for 17K.

https://sphotos-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...00515898_n.jpg

Ok, thanks for making me jealous!! You bought my trailer!
If you see another one let me know, my sister lives in Manassas so I could visit her at the same time I pick up the trailer, HA HA.


I know they are out there. last winter I almost drove to VA for a sundowner, 2 plus 1, but it was an aluminum frame and I want all aluminum. It was super nice for $15000.
I am looking to buy my last trailer.

Lockwood 09-10-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton (Post 3601570)
Yes, I check cowtown regularly, it seems the 4 horse slants with a ramp are hard to come by. I was hoping maybe there might be some more on the market this time of the year.

I went shopping with a friend in my area about this time last year. We went everywhere we could within a few hours from here and several places that make them on site that are close by.
We had a really hard time finding what my friend needed and were suprised to hear over and over again that this time to right on through winter is actually a hard time time to find a good trailer because people buy trailers more in the off seasn.

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockwood (Post 3601658)
I went shopping with a friend in my area about this time last year. We went everywhere we could within a few hours from here and several places that make them on site that are close by.
We had a really hard time finding what my friend needed and were suprised to hear over and over again that this time to right on through winter is actually a hard time time to find a good trailer because people buy trailers more in the off seasn.


Just my luck, my whole theory is blown.

verona1016 09-10-2013 10:19 PM

I had a surprisingly hard time finding my trailer, too. I ended up buying a new trailer that met my requirements, even though I had hoped to buy a slightly fancier trailer used.

TheAQHAGirl 09-10-2013 10:54 PM

Facebook is awesome for this stuff. There are a lot of 'Horse trailers for sale in (enter state here)' groups. I suggest joining some trailer groups and you could probably find what you're looking for in a heartbeat.

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2013 10:56 PM

Thanks QH girl!

I am headed there now!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0