The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Car Wreck (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/car-wreck-27463/)

Britt 05-08-2009 04:08 PM

Car Wreck

Not me, sillies...

My grandpa had a car wreck the other day... The doctors think that he had a 'mini' heart attack and the brakes in his van went out. His van was totaled (the wreck happened only two miles away from his house).

My grandpa was in the emergency room most of the day. He broke a rib and it punctured one of his lungs, broke his wrist, split his lip all the way through so that he had to get stitches put in, busted his chin open so that he had to get stitches, ad busted the skin right above his eye open so bad that he had to get stitches put in.

He was in the Intensive Care Unit in critical condition all night and the next day, though he woke up the next morning. He was moved to a regular room this morning around eleven-ish, so he's doing a lot better.

He has a long road to recovery, though. He's annoyed right now because he's 'been used as a pincushion' all night, apparently, and wants to get up and walk around, but the doctors refuse to let him (lol). So he's going to be all right.

Walkamile 05-08-2009 07:01 PM

Britt so sorry about your grandfather. By the sounds of it he's a tough old guy and that will help in his recovery. I'll keep him in my prayers, and send good thoughts his way! :-)

Britt 05-08-2009 07:19 PM

Lol... Yeah, he's tough. He's actually my step-grandfather... but to me, he's my grandpa. I'm just glad that he's gonna be ok.

Kentucky 05-09-2009 12:33 AM

i too understand how rough grandfsthers can be he sounds allot like mine. And step is a legal term, be a parent or grandparent is not. My prayers are also with your grandpaw.

Vidaloco 05-09-2009 07:48 AM

That happened to my dad! He had a mini heart attack and had a car accident. Sounds like your grandpa did it right :shock:
God speed on his recovery.

TaMMa89 05-09-2009 10:15 AM

I'm sorry for all that :sad:.

Hope he'll get well soon!

Britt 05-09-2009 04:40 PM

He gets to come home in a week!

Kentucky 05-09-2009 05:45 PM

That is great news, Britt

Britt 05-09-2009 07:57 PM

Yeah, I'm very happy, so is my mum, aunt, and grandmother... well, all my family, really! Lol...

RegalCharm 05-10-2009 11:31 AM

glad to hear he will be coming home soon.:-)

and then you all can really fuss over him.