The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Firefox problem (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/firefox-problem-27490/)

iridehorses 05-09-2009 09:40 AM

Firefox problem

Anyone having a magnification problem with Firefox? I have a very high resolution screen and due to aging eyes, I use "ctrl +" to enlarge the page enabling me to read it better.

Yesterday, as I was reading a page, the little "motion icon" showed up, refreshed my screen and reverted it back to the original magnification. I figured it was something I did so I re-magnified it and within a minute it reverted again. It's been happening ever since and only on Firefox BUT not as I am typing this message!!!

When I move to a different thread, it ups the magnification to where I set it but within a minute, it reverts it back to original again.

Any ideas?

Jehanzeb 05-09-2009 11:39 AM

Right in firefox when you use CTRL+ to increase the font size it increases the font size only for that particular page and once it gets refreshed it goes back to its default font size. The same thing happens when you close the firefox and re-open it again.

However there is one trick which you can use to increase the font size as default, which then will make it work all the time, hence you would not need to increase or decrease the font all the time.

Click Tools--->Options--->Content--->Click Advance under Font & Colour--->Change the font sizes of Propotional and Monospace.

Once done, click ok and restart firefox.

That should resolve your issue :D

Please do let us know if that works for you.

Regards

iridehorses 05-09-2009 01:14 PM

I'll give it a try. I've been using Firefox for the past 4 months and this problem has just surfaced.

Thanks Jehanzeb - I knew I could count on you to answer!

Jehanzeb 05-09-2009 04:15 PM

It's ok, just let us know if it works.

Awaiting for your kind reply :D

Regards

iridehorses 05-09-2009 04:32 PM

I think you got it!! Thanks again!

EDIT: spoke too soon - it just reverted back.

Jehanzeb 05-10-2009 03:56 PM

Ok, which firefox version are you using? I think there is another setting which you need to do.

Here is the screen shot of my setting (tested) and they are working no matter how many times I open or close firefox.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...u/fonttest.jpg

Size: 32
Size(2): 30
Minimum size: 20

Regards

iridehorses 05-10-2009 04:16 PM

I'm using the latest version and I have my setting about the same as yours. This is a problem that started all of a sudden a few days ago with no changes to my system that I can think of.

Jehanzeb 05-10-2009 05:47 PM

hmm, I cannot understand what could be causing it unless or otherwise you downloaded something which you mentioned you didn't.

Perhaps reinstalling Firefox or resetting firefox to its deafult settings and then change the fonts might work?

Have you tried resetting firefox to default settings and tried changing fonts?

Regards

sandy2u1 05-12-2009 10:10 AM

I think jehanzeb might be right about reinstalling it. One thing you may try is restoring your computer to an earlier date (back when it was working properly). Even though you did not download anything...if you have automatic updates then something may have been downloaded on your computer that's causing problems.

iridehorses 05-12-2009 10:52 AM

Thanks Sandy, I did do the restore and it didn't make a difference. I will try the reinstall when I get a chance.