The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   embarassing lunging problem (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/embarassing-lunging-problem-27563/)

back in the crosby again 05-10-2009 07:31 PM

embarassing lunging problem

Ok, there is an OTTB that my trainer has that I really like (and he is for sale:D). I have been watching her working him and working with him a little myself. I did not know if I should put this here or not, but since it does happen during training. Here is the problem, when he is warming up on the lunge or under saddle he passes a lot of gas. :oops: I mean he is farting at least once every time he goes around when lunging. He does not seem to have this problem any other time, such as in the stall or in the paddock. Once he is warmed up he is fine, no farts. I don't know if this is really a problem, but it might be if I am riding him in a show and he is doing this in the warm up ring.

Has anyone ever seen or heard this before?

VanillaBean 05-10-2009 07:36 PM

OOOOOH yes!!! My trainer has a horse at her barn that has been nicknames "Stew - Fart" ans another little pony (Sundae) who was there did the same thing...but i have NO idea why...

MyBoyPuck 05-10-2009 07:38 PM

Haven't heard that one, but it really cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh. At least it's the horse doing the farting!

Spastic_Dove 05-10-2009 07:50 PM

You should hear my guy when he's bucking and playing....
Sounds like a shotgun going off.

If he's fine elsewhere, it's not a big deal.
No one at a show is going to hold it against you lol

Stepher 05-10-2009 07:58 PM

My friend used to have a pony who farted going over jumps, it was hilarious. Her show name was "THe Flying Fluff" haha.

brookelovesparelli 05-10-2009 10:13 PM

Hehe maybe you could just warm up a little before you went to the warm up ring.

p.s. that’s a really good show name for that horse! Made me smile

Shawneen 05-10-2009 10:44 PM

My boy is a pooter too - whenever we're doing anything. poot poot poot poot poot poot LOL I'm used to is now.

Pinto Pony 05-10-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 304770)
You should hear my guy when he's bucking and playing....
Sounds like a shotgun going off.

Haha that is like my old man Spider... my niece thought it was hilarious when he farted and coughed at the same time, she still talk about it today when I happened 3 years ago!!!

starlinestables 05-10-2009 10:54 PM

My friend was riding in a hoity toity dressage show in the outdoor which was right next to their large indoor. Her horse farted every other step through out her entire test!! The worst part is that it echoed through out the indoor! Everybody was dieing laughing.

Sorry I don't think there is anything you can do about the farts... maybe some Beano???

Vidaloco 05-10-2009 10:56 PM

Ok, story time :lol:... Vida is normally a very quiet farter. Usually just a pfffft, very lady like. We were riding a few days ago and she let one rip. It was a Blaffffarrrtt! She actually scared herself and did a little jump and run. Cracked me up anyway :wink::lol:
Saro on the otherhand is like your fellow. Sometimes just a constant puff puff puff like a little motor boot going down the river. They're usually rippers too :shock: