The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   My Budgie! (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/my-budgie-27631/)

wild_spot 05-11-2009 08:08 PM

My Budgie!

6 Attachment(s)
Well, I was inspired by spastic_dove's thread on birds... So I bought a Budgie two days ago! It's ok, I did my research, and didn't go in unprepared :]

So this is my Budgie! I think it's a boy as it's really vocal, but i'm not really sure so i'm just calling it Birdy bird for now. If it's a boy I will call it Ash, maybe. It cheeps a lot and is really cute!

Going really well with taming. I've only had it three days and I can get it to sit on my finger. I let it out last night, it's wings aren't clipped, and I got it on my finger and back in the cage without having to grab it! (after a bit of perserverance, lol) I'm really enjoying this so far, it's my first bird.

So here it is, plus I thought i'd show my cage/setup.

Spastic_Dove 05-11-2009 08:14 PM

Cute!
Im waiting to get settled into the new place but can't wait to get one.
I think if their Cere (the part above their beak) is blue, that means it is a boy.

wild_spot 05-11-2009 08:17 PM

Thanks, Spastic!

I read that too, but I also read if they are young, (under 6 months, it;s only 6-8 weeks) then it can be the opposite, lol. But ti sings a lot so that makes me think boy, as apparently boys are the more vocal.

Spastic_Dove 05-11-2009 08:19 PM

Makes sense.
Congrats :)

wild_spot 05-11-2009 08:35 PM

I'm so relieved that it's turning out easy to tame!

It means I won't have to clip it's wings, as I managed to get it on my finger and back to the cage last night, thankfully!

Appy Luvr 05-11-2009 08:36 PM

Very pretty, Congrats!!!

wild_spot 05-11-2009 08:40 PM

Thanks Appy! It was the exact colour I wanted. I went to the pet shop to have a look on Saturday, but this one was on hold... I decided I would go back on sunday and if it was gone, it wasn't meant to be, but if not, Iwould buy it. Voila, He was off hold and now mine :]

Spastic_Dove 05-11-2009 08:40 PM

Im hoping to have the same luck when I get one. *fingers crossed* lucky you :)

wild_spot 05-11-2009 08:45 PM

Ah good luck to you to, Spastic! Have you decided what bird your getting yet?

Spastic_Dove 05-11-2009 08:48 PM

Im thinking im probably going to end up with a budgie since they are the most available.