The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Bryan Anderson death (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/bryan-anderson-death-277370/)

My2Geldings 09-16-2013 11:55 AM

Bryan Anderson death

His funeral is tomorrow morning. Very sad day for the sport.

Equine Canada announced Thursday the death of Canadian Equestrian Team member Bryan Anderson, who passed away on Wednesday from injuries sustained in a riding accident. Further details were unavailable at press time.

“On behalf of the staff and volunteers of Equine Canada, I would like to extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to the Anderson family,” said Equine Canada President, Michael Gallagher in a written statement. “Bryan will be remembered as a gifted competitor, and his talent will live on through the successes of the horses and riders he trained with such dedication.”

Anderson’s success as an international rider began at age 16 when he, with mount Corrache, were members of Team Alberta who were silver team medallists in show jumping at the 1985 North American Junior Young Riders Championships in Wadsworth, U.S.A.

Utilizing his 35 years of equestrian experience, Anderson established the successful Bryan Anderson Show Jumping training facility in southern Alberta.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 09-16-2013 12:02 PM

I had not heard of this. Do you know anything about he accident? How very sad.

My2Geldings 09-16-2013 03:19 PM

He was out trail riding and he amd his student were cantering downhill, when the horse tripped and flipped on top of him. The horse was wedged and couldn't get back up. Once they managed to get the horse off, he was in respiratory arrest.
The student had to ride 7 km back to get help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Corporal 09-16-2013 03:21 PM

How very sad. =(

~*~anebel~*~ 09-16-2013 03:30 PM

What a blow to a great horse family.

One thing that I am very glad for is that no one is blowing it out of proportion and blaming not wearing a vest or something like that. So many injuries and fatalities are blown out of proportion and turned into helmet campaigns *cough*KKD*cough*. I'm glad the Anderson family is remaining rational and not sensationalizing his death. Horses are dangerous.

I wish I could make it to the funeral :( I will have a candle burning and go ride my horse on a big hack as a tribute!!

My2Geldings 09-16-2013 08:38 PM

I appreciate burning the candle. It is a great loss to the sport. His wife is such a darling, I feel horrible for the family.

Bagheera 09-16-2013 09:15 PM

What a shame. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.