The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New Member in VA (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-member-va-27747/)

SandyCreek 05-13-2009 06:20 PM

New Member in VA

Hey, everybody!

I've been lurking here for ages and finally signed up. I bought a house on 22 acres about 4 years ago and the family that was leaving didn't want their mare anymore :cry: so they sold her to me for a dollar! :D She's a sorrel QH, about 20 yrs old. Mandy's very arthritic, so she's not ridden. A couple of years ago I got her a stable mate, a (now) 21 yr old bay pasofino gelding named "Paso" who has navicular issues, but the farrier is keeping him in good working order. I've ridden him a few times, but he started getting mean, so I haven't ridden him in about a year.

My other "horses" :wink: are my 2 English Mastiffs (over 150 lbs each). I'm a member of a fantastic Mastiff forum, where I've learned more about temperment, nutrition, and health issues than I ever imagined. I began to realize that compared to what I know about my dogs, my knowledge of horses would fit in a thimble. So I'm here as a learner. I have read and read here on this site and hope to learn a lot more from all the veteran horse folks here.

I'll get some pictures up soon so you can see my horses. I look forward to meeting new folks here and learning all I can!

Sixxofdiamonds 05-13-2009 10:35 PM

Welcome! Glad you've found your way to becoming a member!

RusticWildFire 05-14-2009 10:04 AM

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us :) You should be able to find out just about anything you'd want to know here! Don't be shy about asking questions. Nice to meet you :) Have fun posting!

SandyCreek 05-14-2009 07:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Kentucky 05-15-2009 11:04 AM

welcome ma'am and enjoy the ride.

Jubilee Rose 05-15-2009 01:45 PM

Welcome to the horse forum! Just make yourself at home. :D