The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Freestyle Music? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/freestyle-music-277674/)

NelBell 09-16-2013 08:08 PM

Freestyle Music?

I want to start to play around with some freestyles, but I don't have ANY idea what some good songs are! I'm really open to anything, so what are your ideas!? :D

picup436 09-16-2013 11:25 PM

Go with what suits your horse's personality. For my mare I use country music, she jacks up to all other types, the weirdo that she is lol! The Friesian I use either big band, the Bond soundtrack, ACDC, or whatever takes my fancy so long as it has a steady beat and matches up with his stride. I try to avoid songs with lyrics as much as possible, and if you google karaoke websites you can find the music you want with the lyrics removed. Very handy.

Roperchick 09-17-2013 12:07 AM

or soundtracks like Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers, etc.

Steve Jablonsky and Hans Zimmer have some pretty awesome songs with really good rhythm that even my pokey roping horses will ride to.

cakemom 09-17-2013 12:27 AM

Sarah rides with her iPod in her boot. Through that she now has a long list of what suits which gate of Flickas- without trying.
Posted via Mobile Device

NaeNae87 09-17-2013 01:07 AM

What are the BPM's to your horses W, T & C?

For example my Andy X's trot is 153BPM. Based on that and depending on whether I want to speed it up a touch or slow it down (and also depending on my mood) I can use any of the following...
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen (153bpm)
Pump It - Bleack Eyed Peas (153bpm)
Crocodile Rock - Elton John (150bpm)
The Rockerfella Skank - Fatboy Slim (153bpm)
Stop the Rock - Apollo 440 (150bpm)
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon (153bpm)
We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's (152bpm)
No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age (151bpm)
Hallelujah - Paramore (151bpm)
She's a Genius - Jet(152bpm)
Spotlight - MuteMath (152bpm)

Can't Stop - Maroon 5 (155bpm)
Shake, Rattle and Roll - Big Joe Turner (154bpm)

I would start with a bpm and go from there... You will get a better match to your horse. :)