The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   A True Honor!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/true-honor-27793/)

CedarHillQuarterHorses 05-14-2009 02:35 PM

A True Honor!!!!

Animal Planet is going to be starting a documentary for an organization that means alot to me and my family, Remember Me. Remember Me is an organization designed to rescue, rehibilitate and adopt injured and retired race horses who would other wise be put to sleep for the insurance money.

As a family, we have fostered SEVERAL of these horses, and are the proud adoptive parents of Sirgun, a 4 year old race horse who came to us with 2 broken bones in his leg and no future in the race industry because of it. Through love and rest, Sirgun or "Gunner" as we call him, has no more pain or stiffness in his leg and has been certified by a vet to be 100% sound. This means that not only is he perfectly healthy, he could even be ridden. Now, he could never race again, that much speed would surly rebreak his leg, but he could do anything else a normal horse could do. Without organizations such as LOPE and Remember Me horses just like Gunner would be destroyed with the belief (that some but not all posses) that they are worth more dead then alive if they cant run.

As a avid supporter of this organization, and the loving owner of such a horse, I have been asked to participate in this documentay! Thats right...I will be on TV!!!!

It is truly an honor to be thought of in this manner, and will be gladly participating. Please watch for the Documentary as well as further updates from me!

juju 05-14-2009 05:41 PM

Congratulations! That is so cool!

Sixxofdiamonds 05-15-2009 12:05 AM

Congratulations! See if you can get the video so that we can see (I don't receive Animal Planet on my TV at the moment).