The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Do women LOVE cowboys? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/do-women-love-cowboys-278386/)

cthomas01996 09-17-2013 10:58 PM

Do women LOVE cowboys?

So I'm a brand new rider, but I'm kinda got the impression that female riders seem to love cowboys? It is the rugged manly man part of the cowboy they like?

mrstorres2566 09-17-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthomas01996 (Post 3659826)
So I'm a brand new rider, but I'm kinda got the impression that female riders seem to love cowboys? It is the rugged manly man part of the cowboy they like?

That and tight jeans...

cthomas01996 09-17-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrstorres2566 (Post 3659850)
That and tight jeans...

haha is it the butt in the tight jeans?

Phly 09-17-2013 11:10 PM

Nope most women do NOT love cowboys, or any other gritty hard working hard playing man.

They love the idea.....

The reality sucks.

A few hard shelled honest women can deal with it, the rest run once they realize that it's not all tight jeans and bull rides. ;)

I claim no fame as a cowboy, but my wife deals with as much if not more, and I'll tell ya, it takes a heck of a woman.
Posted via Mobile Device

verona1016 09-17-2013 11:21 PM

Maybe it's because I'm not really into anything Western, but cowboys do nothing for me- the idea or the reality.

farmpony84 09-17-2013 11:24 PM

When I'm reading my cheesey romances... I LOVE A COWBOY... in real life... Not so much... But there aren't many REAL cowboys where I live, there are some but not many.

In real life, I love my hard working gentleman with his rough hands and grumpy tight little butt.... Country I love.... Cowboy... eh....

mrstorres2566 09-17-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthomas01996 (Post 3659962)
haha is it the butt in the tight jeans?

Nothing like a nice butt in a pair of Wranglers!

Roperchick 09-17-2013 11:30 PM

nice butt in wranglers aside....depends on the "type" of cowboy

all the bull riders ive had as friends or friends with benefits or BF whatever have ended up arses. super shallow and its all me me me...plus really....who in their right mind gets on a 1 ton angry animal that had its boys strapped up?!

ropers (my people hahahaha) are pretty chill and fun to hang out with. and down home-hard working-honest-range riding cowboys are rare and usually gems. those kinds of cowboys i like haha

rookie 09-17-2013 11:31 PM

The mythos of the cowboy is what is enjoyed. A behind you can bounce a quarter off is nice but looks fade and personality is forever. The idea of a chivalry is nice; however, old fashion has a limit. Yes, a person who likes livestock, respects women and can put in an honest days work is a lovely idea. The problem is that its hard to find one that can also discuss and share view on books, movies, politics and religion. There is also a profound difference between ranch cowboys, summer cowboys and rodeo cowboys.

The fact is that the cowboy of modern romances is something that never truly existed much like Barbie is as much a male fantasy as anything else. My advice, don't try to be something you think women (or men) will like. Just be yourself its easier and quicker in the long run.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-17-2013 11:33 PM

Most women love THIS kind of cowboy:

MOD note:

Sorry Dream, I had to remove the video of Chippendale guys. you can probably imagine why.