The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Congrats to Rachel Alexandra! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/congrats-rachel-alexandra-27920/)

Liv 05-16-2009 07:43 PM

Congrats to Rachel Alexandra!

When Street Sense ran, I screamed at the TV. When Giacomo ran, I screamed at the TV. A few weeks ago with Mine that Bird, I screamed at the TV for the brief few moments it was clear he was going to win.

I am now completely hoarse after Rachel Alexandra in the Oaks and the Preakness. I really hope to see Mine that Bird and Rachel Alexandra race again. At the very end there, it was pretty awesome.

All I can say is, way to run like a girl!

Equuestriaan 05-17-2009 06:50 PM

I totally want a match race between them. I totally thought Mine That Bird had her!

1dog3cats17rodents 05-17-2009 07:06 PM

If he hadn't had to take cthe outside, he would have passed her easily, He's got speed!

Iluvjunior 05-19-2009 06:36 PM

i think rachel alexandra has what it takes she's a fast horse i think she could beat mine that bird again

JustDressageIt 05-19-2009 11:31 PM

If they both run the Belmont, my money's on Mine That Bird; he's a distance runner, would have probably had Rachel Alexandra in a few more strides.

HOWEVER - Rachel Alexandra is an amazing filly. Did you see the Kentucky Oaks race?

lady trainer 06-08-2009 03:25 AM

OMG, she makes me tear everytime I watch. I am looking for a photo of her in the winner's circle to put on my computer. Any suggestions??
Thanks bunches!

*Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.*

ShannonSevenfold 06-08-2009 07:54 AM

Mine That Bird's jockey from the Kentucky Derby...makes me angry. I don't remember his name, but he should've stuck with Bird. =/ That's my two cents.

Kentucky 06-09-2009 05:55 PM

I agree with you on that.