The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   13 year old OTTB gelding. Opinions? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/13-year-old-ottb-gelding-opinions-279378/)

Magiclovesme 09-19-2013 01:42 PM

13 year old OTTB gelding. Opinions?

6 Attachment(s)
Here is my 13 year old OTTB gelding. I got him early this year as a barrel horse prospect from a dealer long story short I found his old owners who didn't know even he was missing and now I have a hunter jumper lol. I know he needs weight but we are working on it. When I got him he was just over 900 now he is 1125.

Magiclovesme 09-19-2013 10:04 PM

Bump!!

CJ82Sky 09-19-2013 10:32 PM

hey you ride with my hunt!!! i was at the pace this weekend too (waiting for pics to be posted haha).

Tryst 09-20-2013 01:28 AM

Better photos needed for a critique. He looks to be standing very awkward and camped out in the profile shot, but I don't think that is his normal stance based on some of the other photos. If that is how he often stands I would suggest getting a chiropractor to adjust him as he looks uncomfortable.

tinyliny 09-20-2013 02:03 AM

he looks uncomfortable to me in almost every photo there, and his sacroilliac area, and hunter's bump all look like he might be out of alignement . I dunno, his back just looks odd and maybe painful?

Even the jumping photo looks like he may not be able to bring his back legs up into a tuck, like he could catch them on the wall easily.

Elana 09-20-2013 11:55 AM

I don't believe the OP is riding with this hunt.. it sounds like he was there b4 she got him.

I agree with Tinyliny. This horse has a sore back.. in the coupling area..

Magiclovesme 09-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 3679698)
he looks uncomfortable to me in almost every photo there, and his sacroilliac area, and hunter's bump all look like he might be out of alignement . I dunno, his back just looks odd and maybe painful?

Even the jumping photo looks like he may not be able to bring his back legs up into a tuck, like he could catch them on the wall easily.

He only stands that way when he eats and that's only some times. He doesn't seem to have back pain to me but i will talk to my vet and see what she thinks.

Magiclovesme 09-20-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 3681362)
I don't believe the OP is riding with this hunt.. it sounds like he was there b4 she got him.

I agree with Tinyliny. This horse has a sore back.. in the coupling area..

No I am riding with this hunt lol. I am going to talk to my vet about it but i really don't think he does.

Magiclovesme 09-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ82Sky (Post 3678546)
hey you ride with my hunt!!! i was at the pace this weekend too (waiting for pics to be posted haha).

Ohh lol. Yea i rode this weekend with them and i rode with them early summer too. They are all very nice.

CJ82Sky 09-20-2013 11:45 PM

Do you actually hunt or just hunter pace? would love to figure out who you are. I am hunting this Wed (cubbing season) and again on Oct 2, and then once again during full hunt season.