The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Anky and Salinero video Freestyle (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/anky-salinero-video-freestyle-27984/)

Trissacar 05-17-2009 10:15 PM

Anky and Salinero video Freestyle

MIEventer 05-18-2009 12:41 AM

I cannot stand Anky. I think her riding methods should be shunned. The Rollkur makes me sick.

~*~anebel~*~ 05-18-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 309060)
I cannot stand Anky. I think her riding methods should be shunned. The Rollkur makes me sick.

No I really think the judges should be rewarding the tension MORE.

Funny story about Anky and the World Cup this year...
A while ago Sjef made a rule about the world cup where you need 2 CDIs or something to qualify... Well Anky only had 1 on Salinero this year, so she couldn't go on him. Guess who was the first one complaining to the committee about the "dumb rule"??

I do think that Anky does deserve some credit though. The woman has had a great career, I do think that she needs to gracefully give up her crown before someone beheads her though.

MIEventer 05-18-2009 12:57 AM

I hear she has taken up Reining.

Wonder how that's working for her? Since you cannot touch the horses face while doing that.

I think there are quite a few riders in the Olympic Dressage World who are much better than Anky - who should be getting the credit. The light should be shining on them, not her.

Equuestriaan 05-18-2009 10:09 AM

Oh gosh, don't even get me started on Anky. I may not know much about dressage, but I know what Rolkur does to horses.

Skyhuntress 05-18-2009 02:22 PM

Anky has had some incredible rides on some incredible horses, you can't take that away from her, no matter what the views of her riding are. With the current view of competitive dressage barely anyone can touch her and she IS the top of her sport. Rightly or wrongly. But, it should also be noted that thanks to her and her freestyles, and perhaps even rolkur, dressage has garnered far more interest over the past 5 years than it has ever had. I might not agree with her riding style (and really, one always has to question what is truth and not. The rumors circulating Andreas Helgstrand and his rather questionable training methods of his equestrian partners - Matine included - are something else, but again is it fact or rumors meant to slander?) but I can appreciate that what she does, she does well.

Trissacar 05-18-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhuntress (Post 309299)
Anky has had some incredible rides on some incredible horses, you can't take that away from her, no matter what the views of her riding are. With the current view of competitive dressage barely anyone can touch her and she IS the top of her sport. Rightly or wrongly. But, it should also be noted that thanks to her and her freestyles, and perhaps even rolkur, dressage has garnered far more interest over the past 5 years than it has ever had. I might not agree with her riding style (and really, one always has to question what is truth and not. The rumors circulating Andreas Helgstrand and his rather questionable training methods of his equestrian partners - Matine included - are something else, but again is it fact or rumors meant to slander?) but I can appreciate that what she does, she does well.

Very well said.

Trissacar 05-18-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 309071)
I hear she has taken up Reining.

Wonder how that's working for her? Since you cannot touch the horses face while doing that.

I think there are quite a few riders in the Olympic Dressage World who are much better than Anky - who should be getting the credit. The light should be shining on them, not her.

Hmm like Robert Dover? *Scoffs at the idea*

Spastic_Dove 05-18-2009 02:59 PM

I really dislike her.
Her horse is very handsome though.

Trissacar 05-18-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 309341)
I really dislike her.
Her horse is very handsome though.

I know! I love big black horses! Like Keegan!