The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paint Registration Question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  county 
#1 ·
I had no idea where to put this, and this seemed as good a place as any since a lot of equine breeders are obviously involved with registries.

I did some research but can't seem to find an answer, I didn't find anything on the APHA website, but maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Does anybody have any idea what the rules are on registering foals from deceased parents? I recently purchased a 2 year old unregistered Paint filly, and when I inquired about registering her, the owner said she can't be registered because her sire died and his papers have been turned in already.

But this confuses me - if a proper breeding report was done, why on earth should it matter if he died? The breeding report should show that X stallion was bred to X mare in 2006, and the resulting 2007 foal was never registered, shouldn't it?

So I'm curious if this is actually a rule and the reasoning behind it, or if I'm being hogwashed because of some fishy circumstances?

#3 ·
I believe you are correct about the parents being deceased not mattering and also about the breeding report. If the breeding report was done, the dam owner should be able to register the horse and transfer it to you. I would call the APHA for help.

#5 ·
well i'm not running into that question but something similar....
transferring my moms horse into my name? she (my mom) passed away and I would like to transfer him into my name. has anyone had to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.