The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

If only I had more money!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Iseul 
#1 ·
Really wish I could go pick these poor guys up!
If I get the job I'm applying for tonight I'm definitely going to have to go get atleast one of them if I can get their price down. :/ $800 my butt, they need given away.
Poor things.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/4081053562.html
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
I could drive myself crazy with the "If I had more money I could save this or that animal." There are so many needy animals that it never ends. If you could save just one, it would feel good. I hope you can get the job so you can take one. I hope they all find good homes with lush pastures and a barn full of quality hay with a great owner. I hate seeing horses that need extra feed at this time of the year. We are going into winter, the horses should be fat and happy now coming off of summer pastures. :(

#3 ·
And I reallyy hope I get the job, that baby doesn't even look like a 3 year old! And 12hh? She isn't going to grow anymore if she doesn't start getting fed enough!
I don't need a second riding horse, but even just to resell to a better home I'd be content with.
Posted via Mobile Device

#6 ·
As I am a glutton for punishment, I tend to look at craigslist from time to time as well. Today there is one with a picture of a small/medium size mutt. They are looking for a Newfoundland male to breed with their dog as they want her to have experience of having puppies. Um, yeah, let's have some more mutts that have no homes. :( people just make me truly sad sometimes.

I guess in the case of the one you are posting, at least they are trying to find new homes. Funny how often people try to "sell" their starving horses. If you can't afford to feed your horses, maybe a donation to a rescue is a good option. Surely better then just letting them starve out on your property hoping someone will come around and pay you for them.

#8 ·
I just want to take the poor things, lol. But, I do have an email (if I decide to buy one I'll use my business email lol) asking why they're trying to SELL these skinny horses instead of just giving them away.
All three of them are too thin, and I agree with Endiku that the filly is probably stunted because of malnutrition. If I do get any, it'll be that filly, for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
Iseul, please don't take this the wrong way but just a few weeks ago you posted up about selling your "rescue" horse because of your life changes.
http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/selling-my-rescue-265537/

Regardless of how the new job thing turns out or that you and your Mother are getting along now don't get in over your head with another mouth to feed! Your heart is in the right place but you need to have your head in the game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.