The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Magnum's first run in the roundpen! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/magnums-first-run-roundpen-28079/)

Magnum 05-19-2009 07:28 PM

Magnum's first run in the roundpen!

6 Attachment(s)
So yesterday it was nice enough (today, believe it or not, it's snowing) that I put Magnum in the round pen for a bit of a "romp." Apparently Magnum does not know the meaning of counterclockwise ... whenever I tried to get him to go that way, he would walk toward me and stand, as if to say, "I don't wanna run anymore, can't I stand here and look pretty?"

Eventually I got him trotting counterclockwise a couple of times, and even cantered as well!

Here are some pictures of my big boy...

Rissa 05-19-2009 09:11 PM

He is really fabulous!

PaintedHooves 05-19-2009 09:56 PM

Magnum is a very handsome boy! I love that big blaze of his. :D

EveningShadows 05-19-2009 10:28 PM

Magnum is positively stunning! How old is he? Is he pure Clyde? :D Forgive me, I have a 2 year old Clyde cross and trying to gauge where she'll stop growing! LOL

Anyway, he looks fabulous! Good luck with him in all his training and keep the pics coming!

Chuckface 05-20-2009 03:38 AM

gorgeous thing! good luck with the training

Magnum 05-20-2009 07:59 AM

EveningShadows: Yup, he's pure Clyde. He's coming four, is at 16.22 HH and is supposed to finish over 17 HH. He's my BIG boy, that's for sure!

As for training, I really was just playing with him. I haven't ridden him yet -- my friend rode him for me because he's from Langley, which is a nine-hour drive from here. He's got two months of professional training on him ... I'm just trying to remind him what he knows. I don't think he's ever been in a roundpen, and if that, I think he's used to being lunged with an actual lunge line. I'm going to work on that when he comes home and I have my roundpen all set up.

Fire Eyes 05-20-2009 08:21 AM

Awh, he's adorable!

reining girl 05-20-2009 01:53 PM

he is so handsome!