The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Conformation Critique (/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Trakhner/Oldenburg Conformation help (

eventergirl1998 09-21-2013 06:56 PM

Trakhner/Oldenburg Conformation help
Hello all,
I have a question about Oldenburg/Trakhner conformation, I am taking my C2 this fall (pony club) and one of the questions is, Discuss how conformation of own mount is related to breed. I need to know about Oldenburg or Trakhner conformation points, can post a pic of him if needed.

~*~anebel~*~ 09-21-2013 08:00 PM

The ATA has some great resources on what they look for in the breed. I dont know if they are downloadable from the website but they always have goodies at the inspections about conformation.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weezilla 09-22-2013 09:52 AM

Both breeds are largely influenced by TB blood. I'd Google the US and European breed societies and compare some of the stallions with a good confo pic of your horse.

Here's my dearly departed OLD's sire, Waldsee

My Edward was the spitting image of him. Note the TB influence, along with the uphill square silhouette of a desirable sporthorse sire.

eventergirl1998 09-24-2013 10:59 AM

Thanks! I'll do that. :)