The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   iOS 7 for iPhone 4s (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/ios-7-iphone-4s-281769/)

howrsegirl123 09-23-2013 10:24 AM

iOS 7 for iPhone 4s

I have the iPhone 4s, and the iOS 7 just became available on my phone. It needs 2.9 GB of space, does that mean just for the download and you will get it back or it is gone for good?
What other things does it do? Do you like it? Is it worth it?

DuffyDuck 09-23-2013 10:33 AM

I have the ios7 on my iPad.. It looks like kids designed it! Not sure about storage. I don't remember seeing anything like that.

But once you update to iOS you will need to update apps like Facebook too.. Pain! I left mine to go overnight

Tigo 09-23-2013 01:03 PM

I haven't updated my 4S yet. I saw a screenshot of someone else's phones and I didn't like the icons - they also had commented on how it looked like a child designed it. I've also heard that there are security issues with the iOS 7 but I haven't researched that at all...it could be and likely is a rumour. So...I'm putting off updating it, which I really should do as I haven't updated it since I got it almost two years ago!

countryryder 09-23-2013 09:01 PM

I made the mistake of updating to IOS7 on my iphone 4,bad idea! It eats up my battery life like crazy,is very slow and glitchy,looks like a child designed it,the Instagram screen is now way too big for the phone,it sometimes won't let me text,and the list of problems go on and on..And it's not just me,I've heard of quite a number of people experiencing the same problems with it.I find it extremely frustrating.

GamingGrrl 09-23-2013 09:27 PM

If you turn off the background app refresh it doesn't eat your battery.
Posted via Mobile Device

countryryder 09-23-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGrrl (Post 3710409)
If you turn off the background app refresh it doesn't eat your battery.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did that already,and it's still eating it up.I've gone through and shut off everything but the essentials..It helped some,but it's nowhere near what it was before the upgrade.

GamingGrrl 09-23-2013 10:21 PM

Keeping your brightness down helps save battery too.
I dunno, I have the 5 and it's not eating my battery after turning off the background refresh.
Posted via Mobile Device

pbeebs 09-23-2013 10:23 PM

I'm purposely not downloading it because I'm not hearing good things about it!

countryryder 09-23-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGrrl (Post 3710865)
Keeping your brightness down helps save battery too.
I dunno, I have the 5 and it's not eating my battery after turning off the background refresh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turned my brightness down too.. :)
It is odd how some people are having no issues what so ever with it,and others are having nothing but problems.Hopefully it's just some glitches that they'll get ironed out soon..

Fort fireman 09-24-2013 12:21 PM

My wife did here and the ONLY thing I like about it is it time stamps your pictures and kind of organizes them from videos. At least it looked like it to me. Everything else from what I saw sucked. I will not be getting it for mine.