The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Would we "know" if anything bad happened to you ? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/would-we-know-if-anything-bad-28321/)

Spyder 05-24-2009 11:06 AM

Would we "know" if anything bad happened to you ?

I learned about County's (member here) passing purely by accident.

http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/rip-county-28300/

If I hadn't been browsing elsewhere I never would had known and they put up a topic that had me wondering the same thing.

Would someone know to come on this forum to advise us if somthing serious happened to you, so we would not be wondering why you haven't shown up in a very long while?

Vidaloco 05-24-2009 11:10 AM

I wonder about that sometimes too. My husband posts here too, I'll be sure to tell him to let everyone know if something happens to me.
Of course he will have to shove my head off the keyboard first. :wink:

Spyder 05-24-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 313409)
I wonder about that sometimes too. My husband posts here too, I'll be sure to tell him to let everyone know if something happens to me.
Of course he will have to shove my head off the keyboard first. :wink:

At least your head will be where it is happiest !!!!

RegalCharm 05-24-2009 12:36 PM

And like the old forum member in that ballad, I will close my forum career and just fade away, an old forum member, who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.

a take off of Gen. MacArthur old soldiers just fade away.

centrestableswendy 05-24-2009 02:23 PM

Hmmm....never thought of that. I will probably let my hubby know to post a thread, or send a message to HoofprintsintheSand via facebook. Hopefully that will never be necessary, but it is something to think about.

G and K's Mom 05-24-2009 02:29 PM

I was justing coming to post about County, he posted on several other forums.

He was a wealth of information and I for one respected his views, even if he didn't always follow the "crowd".

If something happened to me, I too would just fade away..........at least on this forum. Hubby posts on a couple of other ones, but not here.

RusticWildFire 05-24-2009 02:52 PM

I'm not sure. My boyfriend might let someone know. I don't know for sure though. I maybe would just fade away as well though.

Joshie 05-24-2009 02:58 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. If I died nobody would know. I'd just stop posting.

Spyder 05-24-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie (Post 313538)
I've been wondering the same thing. If I died nobody would know. I'd just stop posting.

If you stopped posting we would KNOW something would be amiss.:shock:

I would just end up not showing up.:-|

MIEventer 05-24-2009 04:23 PM

I don't think anyone on forums would find out, since my Husband nor my family do forums what-so-ever.

But all my friends and family on facebook would find out, and of course all the friends I play and talk with every night on Xbox live would find out. My Husband is always on there and so are cousins.

But on forums, I would just fade away.