The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Riding (/horse-riding/)
- - Could you answer a survey on horse racing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/could-you-answer-survey-horse-racing-283570/)
Could you answer a survey on horse racing
Hello everyone, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this.
For my Sixth-Form EPQ, I am doing a dissertation on whether horse racing should be banned or not and for my primary research I have created a short questionaire for to gain the opinions of people who are part of the horse riding community but not necessarily part of the horse racing community. This means that I will hopefully get less biased answers.
It is a short survey and I would really appreciate if you could fill it out for me :D
(I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)
Here is the link to the survey:
Thank You :-)
I just completed your survey - I found it biased about banning the racing industry, so I left a few comments. Hope you get some useful aswers - I tried to fill it out as helpfully as I could.
Love my OTTB's. :grin:
biased survey, you created the survey to get the answers you want, nott o mention the software was no good. I tried other on #4 and answered who said there are issues ? wouldnt let me.
Bad questions you are making assumptions with your questions.
It was definitelya biased survey. Also, I too wanted to answer "other", but there was never a button created for that option. For that reason, your survey results will not be correct for #4 and should be thrown out when you look at your data.
Posted via Mobile Device
needs a redesign
I couldn't see a problem with it - plenty of room to leave personal comments and opinions which should help the OP see a clear picture of what people think about the industry and racehorses
I found it to be a bit biased.
I agree that some aspects of the industry need to change but I don't agree with banning racing.
I would answer but I don't think I know enough about horse racing in England. From what I can tell though, it seems like the horses are better off there.
very biased and no space at the end for comments, very much made you choose lesser of evils instead of against, neutral, or for something
I will leave you some of my thoughts though:
- race horses themselves MUST be treated well or they will not race as well, they are professional athletes and they are treated as such (except they do it for the joy instead of the $$)
- race horses MUST enjoy running and racing or they just won't perform as well as the horse beside them that does enjoy it
- yes I feel there might be an issue with overbreeding, but that is a horse world problem not just specific to the race horse industry
- I live in upstate NY so Saratoga isn't too far away and there is a harness track closer, every year at the local hunter show my wife & I help her cousins "run" there are a few horses off the track being retrained so it's not a race or death sentence
-one of my sister's has an ex-racehorse that is a very calm/level headed horse, old at 25+ but still LOVES to run
- you can look and say that there ARE terrible people in the racing industry, but there are also terrible people in government, zoos, grocery stores, auto dealerships... I would also like to point out that there are great people in all of those areas too (including horse racing and the government)
-Look at what lengths the owners of Barbaro went through to save him... that says something about the industry where if a trail horse had an injury that severe it would be the end no ifs ands or buts about it
so please look at the positives too, it will make for a much better paper
You say you want less biased answers than you would get from the horse racing community but in reality what you will get is less educated responses. Those of us in the industry have in depth knowledge of the negatives AND the positives. Re-read Tim's post above, much truth there!
Posted via Mobile Device
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.