The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   pat parelli vs. John Lyons vs. Clinton Anderson (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/pat-parelli-vs-john-lyons-vs-28406/)

restless spirit 05-25-2009 04:09 PM

pat parelli vs. John Lyons vs. Clinton Anderson

Who's your favorite trainer Clinton Anderson, pat parelli or john Lyons? I'm kind of on the fence with all three but I want to no your opinions and why you like them

HorsesAreForever 05-25-2009 04:46 PM

I would rather do Parelli then Clinton Anderson.. But I have no knowledge of John Lyons.

restless spirit 05-25-2009 05:02 PM

I think you should look into john Lyons I really like his stuff he also has the magazine perfect horse.. It's really good:)

HorsesAreForever 05-25-2009 05:09 PM

I haven seen hat magazine but Ill have to look into it! Have any links??

:)

Kentucky 05-25-2009 05:38 PM

MyHorse.com | John Lyons' Perfect Horse Magazine

I respect both Clinton Anderson and John Lyons, I don't have as kind of opinion on Pat Parelli. In my mind all his program is, is the seven games. My two favorite trainers are Chris Cox and Craig Cameron, I also like Curt Pate. Yes I prefer a working cowboy style of trainer.

MIEventer 05-25-2009 06:03 PM

There is only one way to Speak Horse, and all 3 men have mastered this. Speaking horse is speaking horse, regardless of what trainer you follow.

I choose to not pick favorites. They all have their strong points and bad points. I agree with things, and I disagree with things.

It is up to us to choose what we want to take from all of them, and discard what we don't.

They all speak horse, they just have their own ways of reaching the grand goal.

Horsegma 05-25-2009 06:08 PM

I've met them all and by far the easiest one for me to incorporate at home is Clinton Anderson.

Barrelracer Up 05-25-2009 07:38 PM

I have incorporated Clinton Anderson and Dennis Reis technique. They were easiest for me to translate into something that worked for me and my horses.

John Lyons is very sloooow and is great for beginners or people who can handle the tiny baby steps. I still do a step and build type program, but it isn't as baby steppy.

Barrelracer Up 05-25-2009 07:44 PM

Pat Parelli is dangerous in inexperienced hands. 14 yrs ago, when I didn't know any better, I was riding my three year old with no saddle or bridle. Which was fine for over 6 months. Then one day he left and bucked my but off. Anybody remember that Western Horseman book with Parelli on the cover sitting on a unbridled unsaddled horse? I wanted to be able to do that.

restless spirit 05-25-2009 07:44 PM

horsesareforever you can go to perfecthorse.com