The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know about bugs? Especially biting lil flying nasties.

731 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Phly 
#1 ·
Ok, this has happened to me twice now this month. While digging/ grading a basement, I've stirred up gnat sized lil flying bugs.

And lots of the stinging Or biting lil suckers! And they leave a heck of a welt! I don't get welts this bad from bees and wasps. But these tiny lil jerks tear me up.

What could they be? They look like tiny wasps, but very plain colored. Kinda dark gray, not really black. Biggest about 1/4".

Both times have been in clay soil. I don't have any pictures of them, as there tiny and suck.

Any ideas would be great, I would like to eradicate everyone of the lil ******s and need to know what to name the collalation. Lol.

Or just figure out what they are so I can run em off when I come across em again.

Feel free to ask any questions to help on this quest and I'm in northern Indiana.
Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
#4 ·
I know what sweat bees are. These are definitely not sweat bees. But I may of hissed the same thing.

These are a lil smaller and live in the ground. Maybe a flying ant of some sort? Or a young stage of something? Idk, but I do know that they are a serious pain!
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.