The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   UTI relief? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/uti-relief-284521/)

howrsegirl123 09-27-2013 10:40 PM

UTI relief?

I went to the doctor today for UTI symptoms and found out I have one. I took the first antibiotic pill tonight. But my lower stomach is really hurting and burning right now! Any ideas on relief until the medication starts working?
Posted via Mobile Device

boots 09-27-2013 10:45 PM

Any of the over the counter pain relievers available to you that you can tolerate. A warm bath. Lots of non-caffeine fluids. Go to bed curled up around a pillow.

Get well soon.

pbeebs 09-27-2013 11:16 PM

Cranberry juice, heating pad? Make sure you are taking it with/without food as directed... Feel better! Those are miserable.

redpony 09-27-2013 11:30 PM

Tylenol PM 's will help you get to sleep and get the rest you need.I had symptoms last night and it really helped me. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted via Mobile Device

SEAmom 09-28-2013 12:58 AM

Cranberry juice or pills, an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen, drink lots of water.
Posted via Mobile Device

gypsygirl 09-28-2013 08:52 AM

Cranberry or blueberry juice! Drink constantly! Also go pee every single time you have to! Even if it means sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

CLaPorte432 09-28-2013 12:39 PM

Just got over one myself. Within an agonizing 24 you'll feel better. By the 3rd pilI i was feeling better. And could finally walk away from the bathroom. ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 09-28-2013 01:28 PM

Cranberry juice. Drink that exclusively. Also helps with prevention.
Posted via Mobile Device

apachiedragon 09-28-2013 01:38 PM

Get some Azo Standard UTI relief. Any drugstore will have it, and it will reduce your pain and the desire to go every few seconds after about 20 minutes. It WILL turn your urine bright orange and it will stain, but it will make you feel so much better while the antibiotics start working.

GamingGrrl 09-28-2013 02:27 PM

I have horrible reoccurring UTIs, I feel your pain. Drink tons of water and cranberry juice or blueberry juice. Make sure you get the real stuff, not the watered down artificial stuff. It tastes disgusting, IMO, but it helps so much. Wear loose pants and cotton underwear, pee every time you need to. Lay down and relax. Heating pads help some people, I've never had much luck with one. Take some pain killer if it's really bad. There's also these cranberry pills, I can't remember the name of them (Azo something maybe?) but you can get them at any drug store of walgreens and they helped instantly. Just a heads up, they turn your pee orangish-red. Warm baths and showers help.

Edit: whoops, shoulda read all the other posts before commenting.