The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Need help completing Equine Nutrition Internship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/need-help-completing-equine-nutrition-internship-28478/)

MN Tigerstripes 05-26-2009 07:45 PM

Need help completing Equine Nutrition Internship

Hey guys,

I am looking for help to complete market research for my internship that I need to graduate from UMN this fall. Here is the quick background:

Iím a University of MN Ė Twin Cities student in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Nutrition Science. This is my fourth (well really tenth with all the time off added in :lol:) and last year of school. I will be graduating with a B.S. in Animal Science. Iíve been involved in horses my entire life (at least owned them) and during the last 2 years have taken a major interest in equine nutrition. To further my knowledge I am interning with Harlan Anderson DVM of Idle Acres and Balanced Meal Feeds in order to learn more about the behind the scenes part of equine nutrition. A major part of my internship is to complete a market study of horse owners regarding what they feed their horses and why they do so. This is where you come in. I need to ask questions of horse owners. In order to document everything correctly I would prefer to speak with you on the phone or in person (if you live in MN around my area). Obviously if we do meet in person it will be in a public place. If you would rather not actually speak with me but would still like to help me out just PM me and I can send you the questionnaire.

Iím not posting the questionnaire here as I need all (or as many of the questions as possible) answered and it needs to be in a somewhat orderly fashion. I think it will be more coherent if I have individual emails as opposed to an entire thread. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the process (if it can be called that) here in the thread. Also, I will not be trying to sell you anything, teach you anything, or argue with you about how you feed your horses. I only want to talk to you about what you feed and why in order to gather information to complete my research. None of your info will be released to ANYONE beyond proving that I did actually speak or email with you.

Thank you for all of your help!
MN Tigerstripes

Barrelracer Up 05-27-2009 08:22 PM

Thank you for letting me partipate. It was quick and painless! :lol:

MN Tigerstripes 05-27-2009 10:17 PM

Thanks for your help and participation!

Also, here are the websites for the company I am interning with this summer (if you want to check validity):

www.idleacres.com
www.balancedmealfeeds.com

MN Tigerstripes 05-29-2009 02:05 PM

Anyone else? Or would it be easier if I just posted the survey on here?

Barrelracer Up 05-30-2009 01:12 AM

If you aren't getting many participants, then you may want to try just posting the questions. Have them number the answers to correspond with the question and they can either post it or PM it.

Good luck.