The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Wintec 500 all purpose saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/wintec-500-all-purpose-saddles-284881/)

RunningFree96 09-28-2013 06:03 PM

Wintec 500 all purpose saddles?

So, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some pro's and con's of the wintec all purpose saddles.
I currently have an Ammo half breed saddle that I absolutely love, but that fits my new horse terribly! My new guy is a rising 5 year old paint gelding. He has put on plenty of muscle in the short time that I've had him and I think the wintec would be good for him as he is quite narrow at the moment, but he is changing all the time. I will be getting the saddle fitted to him, however I've never ridden in one and would like to know if they're good to ride in.
Thanks in advance :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Lexiie 09-28-2013 06:16 PM

I have a Wintec 2000. Similar to the 500.

I love mine! It makes it easy to ride different sized horses. It's comfortable enough to spend hours in, working or trail riding.
They are TOUGH. I've had a big OTTB flip over on mine, my mare dropped and rolled on it a few times. it's been left in the rain, the dirt, and the sun. Super easy to clean.

I can't complain about the position they put you in or the quality of their products.
Posted via Mobile Device

lkjhorse927 10-06-2013 07:17 PM

My first english saddle was a Wintec 500. I still have it. I like it because it can be adjusted for many horses. It is easy to clean and is durable. I was jumping in it, but I now use it for dressage only because the flaps weren't forward enough for jump lenght stirrups. I would recommend it for light jumping and dressage and trail riding as well. The leg to side contact is excellent, though which is a reason why I kept it for dressage.