The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Wanted: used horse boots/polo wraps (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/wanted-used-horse-boots-polo-wraps-28493/)

Quixotic 05-26-2009 10:37 PM

Wanted: used horse boots/polo wraps

On June 18th, I'm leaving to go to Pennsylvania to teach horseback riding lessons at a summer camp for kids. We'll have anywhere from 15 to 30 horses, although I'm guessing it'll be about 20. I've recently found out that things like polo wraps & jump boots are pretty scarce around there. Saddle pads are a bit less than ideal as well (mostly old pony sized pads being used with fullsized saddles, apparently), but between myself & a couple of the other instructors, I'm hoping we can pull together enough of them (although we'd accept donations!). The boots & wraps are what I'm really worried about, so here's my question:

Does anyone have any unwanted boots or wraps lying around that they're looking to get rid of, & would be willing to either donate (I could pay for the shipping), or sell for very cheap? They don't have to be pretty, just functional.
I don't have very much money to spend on this, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of the ponies running around with unprotected legs.

If anyone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it!

JustDressageIt 05-27-2009 01:38 AM

I have some light blue polos I'd be willing to part with - shipping might be expensive to you though. If you'll PM me a ZIP code I can get a quote for you. I am looking for $10 for the set, OBO.

Quixotic 05-27-2009 01:06 PM

Thanks, I sent you a PM.

Spastic_Dove 05-27-2009 01:07 PM

Let me dig around and see what I have. :)

centrestableswendy 05-27-2009 01:09 PM

Where in Pa is the camp? I live in central Pa, and if it's not too far from me I can take up a collection of wraps, boots, and some schooling pads and even hand deliver them to you for the cost of gas.

Quixotic 05-27-2009 01:13 PM

Oh wow, that would be amazing if it wasn't too much trouble for you to do. It's in Lake Como in the Pocono Mountains. I could PM you with more information if you wanted?

centrestableswendy 05-27-2009 02:00 PM

Send me as much info as you can. The Poconos are only a few hours away, it would be a nice roadtrip! No guarantees, but I will see what I can do to help out!

centrestableswendy 05-27-2009 02:04 PM

Are you going to be at Camp Lohikan? I just googled it and came up with that one. It looks nice! I will see about supplies. The wraps might not all match, but for camp I don't think that really matters, lol. I'll send out an email and texts and see what I can come up with.

Quixotic 05-27-2009 02:15 PM

yep, I sent you a PM :) Thanks a lot, the ponies would appreciate anything - I don't think they care about making a fashion statement lol

centrestableswendy 05-27-2009 02:23 PM

I just sent you a PM. I've gotten the ball rolling in Pa, and have alerted about 10 hunter barns that if they wanna do spring cleaning now's the time!