The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Introducing "Lucky" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/introducing-lucky-28526/)

LuckyLady 05-27-2009 01:02 PM

Introducing "Lucky"

6 Attachment(s)
Hi,

here are some pictures of my "lady" Lucky ... well she's not really a lady, but I love the nickname :)

The pictures are from last summer/autumn - she's grown a little bit since then.

Sorry for the quality of the pics - they're not the best, but I haven't got any other pics on this computer.

Ok, so here you go - comments are always welcome. Just tell me what you think of her :)

english_rider144 05-27-2009 01:30 PM

aww shes gorgeous! How tall is she? she looks like shes a good size. does she sunburn easily?

LuckyLady 05-27-2009 01:59 PM

thank you :)
yes, she's 15,3hh (about 155cm) at the moment. in the pics she's about 14,7hh (about 150cm). So she has grown a little bit ... hope she'll stop soon - actually I was looking for a small horse (like 13-15hh), but when I found her, I immediately fell in love with her character, so I don't really mind if she's growing some more.

no she doesn't sunburn easily... maybe coz she's used to it. She's been out in the pasture 24/7 at her former owner's barn and now she's out in the pasture all day long and only stalled overnight.

AussieDaisyGirl 05-27-2009 03:58 PM

She's beautiful! I love her markings!

morganshow11 05-27-2009 04:06 PM

I love the markings on her gorgeous lil head:)

Fire Eyes 05-28-2009 01:51 AM

Amazing markings! She looks like a sweetheart. :)

appy rider 4 life 05-28-2009 08:39 AM

She is very cute!

LuckyLady 05-28-2009 08:55 AM

thank you all :)
yes she's a real cutie - what I especially love about her face are her eyes. I don't think you can make it out on the pictures but her eyes are bright blue! Have to look if I can find a picture where you can see them!

MIEventer 05-28-2009 09:57 AM

She is absolutely beautiful! I do love her markings!

I believe our animals choose us. Each and every single one that comes into our lives come for a reason, they were meant to - so that they can teach us lessons that we are meant to learn.

Lucky Lady choose you, she knew you were coming and it was her time to be with you. So you two were meant to be :)

LuckyLady 05-28-2009 11:21 AM

yes, I think you're right saying that our animals choose us. I think Lucky chose me, too! Because before I found her I was looking for a completely different kind of horse (smaller and maybe gaited - an icelandic or something like that), but when I first saw a picture of her I somehow knew that she'd be the right one. When I first visited her and rode her, that was proven to be true - if you want, you could say I fell in love with her immediately. She's such an amazing horse and has got a really amazing character :) . Not everybody would like her character, cuz for some people she'd be too calm but it's just right for me... and I think I'm also right for her. With some riders you can see that she's not sooo happy (esp. children and beginners (she only loves them when they're not riding her), but she still behaves and I'm really proud of her for that!) but I never got the feeling that she wouldn't be happy with me :)