The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Health (/horse-health/)
-   -   Horse swallowed somthing... (

legendaryhero7 05-27-2009 04:23 PM

Horse swallowed somthing...
Hey guys, so today my yearling colt got out of his stall last night, and found that a piece of my plastic brush was missing (about 1"x1" radius), its hard plastic, and I think he may have swallowed it. I checked around the whole barn area and couldn't find it anywhere. Should I be worried? Is there anything I should give him to make it go through easier? Thanks in advance


weefoal 05-27-2009 04:27 PM

That is worrisome! Since the deed is done you can call the vet now and have the horse oiled or you can wait and see if he starts to show distress and then have him oiled. Might be good to put a call into your vet and see what they say

Solon 05-27-2009 04:30 PM

It may pass through if he ate it or it might get hung up on something. Weefoal is right, call the vet and ask them what they think. Good luck!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome