The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Kentucky! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-kentucky-285481/)

AyaSora 09-29-2013 02:11 PM

Hello from Kentucky!

Hello, I'm Heather and I currently reside in Eastern Kentucky for the past 4 years. Before that(the first 25 years of my life) I lived in North eastern NY-the Saratoga region. I currently have 2 of my own horses and one foster that I'm working to find a home for. I am an English convert and I've only had a 'lesson' from a college buddy and very dear friend of mine English when I was a die-hard western rider(She finally got me converted!). My first horse was a rescue mare, Jasmine. 14.3 hand bay arab mare that was completely blind when I had to put her down at 29 years old, I had a couple of other horses with her to try and be her seeing eye companion: Abby a paint mare, Bo a mini gelding(if I randomly start talking about them, you know where they're coming from) There's my solid Appaloosa gelding, Phoenix(Red name: Darn Impressive) who is currently 30 years old and he's nearing his time but he keeps my current love, Heidi, company. Heidi is my current mare, a 6 year old Spotted draft rescue mare. She was born at the rescue and she's got enough story behind her to the point of when I bought her. She's the reason I converted really. She's almost as wide as she is tall, probably better suited to harness but we are riding English, eventually I want to get into dressage. We're looking to moving to a boarding barn this fall- a super new adventure for me as I've always taken care of my own.
My foster mare is a little plucky red mare(QH-15 hands) that's 20 and looking for a comfortable place to retire as she's had a hard year and still healing from her last run in with some bad geldings. She's been with me for about a month now and is healing just fine but needs a human to call her own, my mare, Heidi is a very jealous mare.
I'm 29 years old, a plus sized rider but I do take care that I do not hurt any of my horses when I ride, I'm working my weight off and down.
Here's a picture of me and Heidi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psbd75968d.jpg

HorseLovinLady 09-30-2013 01:26 AM

Welcome to the forum, beautiful horse!!

tinyliny 09-30-2013 03:00 AM

Wow! she really is a tank@! are your knees sore after riding her? from being pushed out so far to each side?

AyaSora 09-30-2013 10:13 AM

Surprisingly it doesn't hurt my knees or legs at all, but I've been off and on riding her for little over a year now. I do have a VERY hard time adjusting to something smaller though! If I haven't ridden for a couple months(like when I had surgery, I wasn't allowed to ride for at least 8 weeks afterwards and weather not conducive to ride 3 weeks prior and 2 weeks after), it stretched a little on my legs, but never really hurt. I had ridden drafts and draft crosses before her- though not as wide they stretched my legs out.