The Horse Forum banner

Starting a story...

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PersonalAwe1084 
#1 ·
I'm starting a story, and I need some help. It's about a girl who rides at a small town barn, but wins a scholorship to a horse boarding school. It's the exact opposite of what she's used to, and the story will be about her experiences there. I haven't started writing yet, just getting characters. I need help with names for horses at the boarding school. I want them to be high profile horses, such as Arabians and Andalusians. Expensive horses. Made for winning jumper and dressage and halter classes. If you have any good names, I'd love your help. Please use the form below:
Name:
Coloring:

Thanks a ton! :D

#2 ·
You'll want the names to sound the like registered names... They'd have a barn name and a show name...

For instance... an arab might have a name that sounds something like...

JS Khemobaysun (I completely made that up)... and a nickname like JoJo or Penny....You'd want to go to an arab websight and see what the rules are on naming them so you stay within the guidelines...

An andulasion might have a name that sounds spanish like Lusitania... I have no idea what the rules are on naming one of them.....

#4 ·
...of course It would probably be more plausible to say you have warmbloods and TBs in the barn if it's a hunter/jumper barn....

Have you started yet?

#5 ·
Rayo de Luna is a Spanish name that you might be interested for one of your horses in the story. It means Ray of Moon, and the horse's barn/stable name could be Ray or Moon. Be creative :) I also have THOUSANDS of other show names but they are all-American, hehe.

As for the breed, age and color, well here's something I just came up with randomly.

Rayo de Luna
7 years old
Thoroughbred
Flea bitten gray or dappled gray

:) Hope I helped!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.