The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Dressage Video CONTEST!!!! (have you got what it takes?) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/dressage-video-contest-have-you-got-28594/)

LeftyLoverX0X0 05-28-2009 05:18 PM

Dressage Video CONTEST!!!! (have you got what it takes?)

I am compiling an tips/advice column on YouTube for horseback riding.

Let me explain. I will be making and putting together videos of some of the best riders for a Specific Topic and point out advice. I got the idea when I saw a question on here about riding with your seat, not your hands. It gave me an idea: it may be easier to see what someone means, as well as having them explain it when you're looking for advice. I thought it would be helpful to do advice videos on a certain type of riding each month.

Here's where you come in. And yes, there will be PRIZES!!!!!:D:D:D

This month's Topic is going to be Dressage. I want you to

submit a video of yourself

(if you think you've got what it takes to be titled one of the top dressage riders! or at least in that one area of dressage)

doing dressage

But not just any dressage. I am going to be doing 5 TIPS. Please choose from one of the following areas/subjects of dressage to guide your fellow learners:

1. Riding with your seat, not your hands
  2. Working trot
  3. Flying lead changes
  4. Collected canter
  5. Medium trot

Send in a video doing one of these, and I will add the voice-overs/tips.

Now for the........................PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will select the best of each of the 5 categories above. Your video will be featured n the advice video on YouTube, obviously. If you're on YouTube, I will subscribe, comment & watch 10 of your videos, and invite you as a friend. If not, I'll answer any 5 questions of your choice. If you have any other ideas for a prize, just ASK! Finally, I will choose a winner for the best out of ALL, and their prizes mean all those numbers above are DOUBLED!!

OK, think you've got it?? GOOD LUCK!!!!!!:-P:D:lol::-P:D:lol::-P:D:lol:

Equuestriaan 05-29-2009 06:21 AM

Hehe sounds like a fun contest! I'm not good at any of those but I can't wait to see the video!

LDblackhorse 05-29-2009 09:43 AM

I wish i had a video camera or a friend that had one. I would enter them all.

Especially them one with your seat and not your hands. i would love to show off riding with no reins.
But allas no camera.

I really need to invest in one:-(

LeftyLoverX0X0 07-05-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDblackhorse (Post 317010)
I wish i had a video camera or a friend that had one. I would enter them all.

Especially them one with your seat and not your hands. i would love to show off riding with no reins.
But allas no camera.

I really need to invest in one:-(

I know some really good ones for not a lot of money. Panasonic has some really good ones and you can search on Amazon too. :) I hope you are able to enter!